cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Zoom from installing Outlook

Alexand875
Listener

Zoom has started downloading Outlook every time I start a new meeting.  I get a popup every time and have to click NO to sharing confidential information with Microsoft 3 times, and then I have to quit Outlook.  I never installed Outlook.  I have never had Outlook. I don't want Outlook. I have deleted Outlook repeatedly after Zoom re-installed it but Zoom keeps installing it on my computer.  Is there any way to stop Zoom from doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

None of that worked. I have turned off Outlook integration in my Zoom settings. I have deleted Outlook from my computer every day. Yet it continues to be downloaded by Zoom every day. Every day, every meeting, I have to go through the same procedure of saying 3 times that I do not authorize Zoom to share confidential information with Outlook and I have to quit outlook. So I have to click 4 times for every meeting: No, No, No, Quit. This never happened before a month ago.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rogeliokamryn
Listener

1. Disable Automatic Software Installation:

• Access Zoom installation settings.
  • Locate and disable automatic installation of additional software.

2. Adjust Zoom Preferences for Outlook:

• Navigate to Zoom settings or preferences.
  • Modify options to prevent integration with Outlook.

3. Manual Deselection During Installation:

• During Zoom installation, carefully review options.
  • Manually deselect the checkbox related to Outlook integration.

4. Customize Installation Preferences:

• Choose custom installation settings for Zoom.
  • Exclude Outlook integration by adjusting preferences like ai.

5. Opt for Custom Installation:

• Select the custom installation option during Zoom setup.
  • Uncheck the box specifically related to Outlook.

6. Utilize Advanced Settings:

• Explore advanced settings in the Zoom installation process.
  • Exclude Outlook from the list of integrated applications.

7. Prioritize AI-like Precision:

• Approach installation decisions with precision.
  • Select options aligned with artificial intelligence-like accuracy.

None of that worked. I have turned off Outlook integration in my Zoom settings. I have deleted Outlook from my computer every day. Yet it continues to be downloaded by Zoom every day. Every day, every meeting, I have to go through the same procedure of saying 3 times that I do not authorize Zoom to share confidential information with Outlook and I have to quit outlook. So I have to click 4 times for every meeting: No, No, No, Quit. This never happened before a month ago.