cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Screen Problem

Real_Est_Instr
Listener

When conducting a Zoom CE class I use a TV screen to have attendees observed for attendance/attention purposes.  The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 and is connected to a Vizio  TV by an HDMI cable.  None of the hardware has changed.

For the past 3 years when I activated the Share Screen the Power Point session I selected would open on my laptop and all the attendees would shift to the TV screen.  (If I recall correctly either 24 or 26 would show on the TV screen.  When there were more than this number a > or < shifted to other attendees.)

Prior to activating the Share Screen the TV screen was just a blue background color and blank.

Most recently I did this successfully on February 28.

On March 2 when I went through the same process as I have always used before I activated the Share Screen the TV display duplicated my laptop screen and when I activated the Share Screen the Power Point showed on the TV screen also.  By selecting Gallery I could also see 6 attendees superimposed on the Power Point on both my laptop and the TV.  To see other attendees I had to move to another 6 by hitting an > or <  indicator.

I have not (knowingly) made any changes to any settings on my laptop or the TV – all the hook-ups are the same.  The only thing that has been different between February 28 and today is that I connected and tested my projector, a Dell 1510X, to insure it was in good shape for an upcoming in-person class.  I have used the same projector between Zoom classes often with no negative impact on the Zoom Share Screen actions.

At the end of a morning class I shut down the laptop and the TV and when I restarted them and opened the afternoon session it was doing the same thing.

1 REPLY 1

willjoe2442
Participant

Step 1: Join your Zoom meeting using the hosting account. Step 2: Tap on the Settings tab. Select Meeting Settings from the menu. Step 3: Enable the toggle next to the Share screen under Allow participants to section.

Regards,

Will