cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Computer Audio interrupts Gallery View

Robo-klahoma
Listener

I’ve been using Zoom for years to host virtual interactive shows and this is the first time I’ve run into a big issue. The new share computer audio function is pushing my clients out of gallery view. When I share computer audio, there’s a screen that pops up moves my audience to one side like side by side gallery view, just like I’m screen sharing. But I'm not sharing screen, just audio. It automatically does this everytime I share computer audio. I want to disable it.

I'm running on macOS 12 with a 2016 Macbook Pro and have fully updated to Zoom Worstplace... Oh sorry. Typo. Zoom Workplace. 

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Robo-klahoma,

We appreciate your sharing your feedback with us.  Audio-only shares will appear as tabs in the new meeting experience, but we will adjust them to ensure they do not shift the presenter’s view from their current meeting tab to an audio-only share.

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I don't understand this. When I share computer audio that's all I want to do. I don't want to have a tab that now everyone has to pay attention to.
Why , what is the purpose of changing the way it was?

Robo-klahoma
Listener

Thank you Carla. It helps to know you will adjust the presenter's view, but what about the attendee's view? Will they still be shifted to a side by side share screen view? I'm most concerned about interrupting the way my clients experience our tech elements. The versions before notified attendees someone was sharing sound without disrupting their view of our hosts and each other. 

JanePG
Listener

CarlaA...I too am having a problem when screen sharing audio that I think is the same as Robo-klahoma. I teach fitness classes and so screen share audio during our meeting (music to workout to, using the Spotify app that is on my computer). Since this latest update it has been very difficult to teach because I no longer see my participants in gallery view once I begin screen sharing. Instead I see the participants as small thumbnails. What I see is a large dark screen with my initials and a sentence saying if I am listening to the audio in mono or stereo, and unfortunately I can not delete it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem on my Windows laptop. Unable to have gallery view and share computer audio. Also when I record the meeting it just has me on the video. 

Guindea
Listener

This new audio share screen needs to be trashed. It has very much disrupted our meetings.