cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Computer Audio also shares screen and I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!!

Robo-klahoma
Listener

When sharing computer sound in the newest update of Zoom it now shares a screen that says Computer audio is being shared which interrupts gallery view every time I share audio. 

I have the option to click Meeting at the top of the window which reverts back to gallery. BUT when I stop sharing computer audio and then share it again it puts me back at the Computer audio is being shared screen and I have to click the Meeting button to disable it again.

That's an extra step I absolutely DO NOT NEED!!! I need to disable this nonsense. How do I share computer audio without this screen interrupting mine and my attendees' gallery view? Why is this even a thing? How is this intrusive view even helpful?

23 REPLIES 23

Robo-klahoma
Listener

Seriously. Am I the only person having this issue? Why no replies? No help? Anyone? Bueller? 

I'm facing the same issue as well after workplace update, doesn't make any sense. looking for an option to disable. 

RIGHT!?! I cannot figure out what purpose this serves? Am I stupid? 

I'm sure feeling the same... I can't imagine what the purpose of this screen is...

I had to uninstall and re-install the older version( 6.x)  to resolve the issue for now. Waiting for a patch on latest workplace versions. 

It's happening for me too.  Very annoying, considering we play music in our trainings all the time.

You are not the only one!

UGH. Just experienced this today in two different meetings. Hosts seemed unaware, but I suspect they'll be hearing about it more and more. There should be an easy option to show the Speaker, not the black audio screen, in the center. Please come up w/ it/bring it back, Zoom. Thank you!

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Robo-klahoma @narayanan,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Audio-only shares will appear as tabs in the new meeting experience, but we will adjust them to ensure they do not shift the presenter’s view from their current meeting tab to an audio-only share.

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Will this fix the issue, and how can we share audio without is becoming a screen share?

This Audio only screen is just plain stupid. Sorry not in a good mood after having our meetings hijacked by this insanity. I see no reason/purpose for this screen at all. You all should fire bored programmers.

Please change it back to the tab style for the audience as well. This is very disruptive. Audio is meant to be in the background. Now, it has become center stage.

Please! JO

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@erinesloan we are diligently working to make this a better experience for our users. Thank you for your feedback!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Thank you Carla. It helps to know you will adjust the presenter's view, but what about the attendee's view? Will they still be shifted to a side by side share screen view? I'm most concerned about disrupting the way my clients experience our tech elements. The previous versions notified attendees someone was sharing sound without interrupting their view of our hosts and each other. Having the attendees click the meeting tab every time our hosts go in and out of share computer audio is an extra step the attendees didn't have to deal with before and should not have to deal with now. Thank you for your attention on this matter. 

Thank you CarlaA. I am anxiously awaiting a fix to this problem. Do you have a timeline for when this situation may be rectified?

Hi, CarlaA. Today is 4/19 and I've been in 2 meetings as a participant where the black sharing audio screen is the main screen. Is Zoom creating an option, like in the old days, where the speaker is highlighted instead? I can't click on Speaker view like I used to. I am on a Mac and using the app while signed in. Thanks for your time. 

Guindea
Listener

I agree! I cannot find a way to destroy this view. It is totally disrupting our meetings.

CindyBrio
Listener

Unfortunately, clicking Meeting at the top only changes the view for the presenter, not for the audience. The audience is still seeing the screenshare of Computer Audio is being shared. I hope this gets fixed as it is a terrible experience for our participants. Very disappointing.

So, it seems that participants can also click Meeting at the top of the screen, but this is waaaaaaaay too complicated for all of our participants to have to do each time we play audio. I hope that Zoom will change this back to the way it was before.

I will try clicking on Meeting next time! I'm looking for a workaround until zoom fixes the issue. 

Robo-klahoma
Listener

Just found out that when people click the meeting tab to get out of the Computer audio is being shared screen they miss when our hosts actually share screen. How is this an improvement? None of this was broken before Zoom Worstplace fixed it. There was nothing wrong with these functions before. Why hasn’t anyone fixed this yet? Just go back to what was there before! Please. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

I can assure you that we are working on making this a better experience for all. Your feedback is of top priority to our product teams and we will continue to make changes over time. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

This is garbage.  It has disrupted my meetings so much.  Please get this fixed.  I am now going to uninstall this update and go back to the old version because of this crap.  I've been a loyal paid user of zoom for a long time and something so simple as sharing computer audio so we can have music playing in the background caused my 2 day event over zoom to be a terrible experience for our audience.