cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see presenter's slides or shared screens and other problems

Helen_F
Listener

I have attended thousands Zoom meetings since 3/12/20. 

However, in the past few months Zoom consistently turned my camera off.  If I turned the camera back on, Zoom will greyed out and frozen.

Eventually I figured out that when my D drive has free space <3.75 TB, I will have Zoom problems.  I have a 10 TB Dell XPS 8940 computer.  OS C is 2 TB SSD with 1.32 TB Free, D is my 8 TB Data Drive with 3.62 TB Free.  I consistently need to move data out of my computer to external HD to have free space over 3.75 TB.  So I re-installed my Zoom 2 weeks ago.

Then the real problems start.  I cannot see presenter's slides or maps while other attendees can!  I checked “View”, the Side-by-side with Speaker or Side-by-side with Gallery (sorry since I’m no longer able to see them, the names are from my memory) are no longer there.  I checked my settings many times.  Under “Share Screen” I have “Side-by-side mode” checked and “Focus mode” on.

I turned the “Focus mode” to off, I didn’t see any difference.

I went through many Chat Zoom Supports without any help.  The bot cannot understand my problems.  The bot picked up one word from my questions and provided not remotely relevant solutions.  It totally wasted a few hours of my time in several days.

My husband has a paid Zoom account.  He tried to help me without success. We set up several Zoom test meetings, he was at his computer and I was at my Dell.  Then, he logged in his Zoom account on my Dell and I logged in my Zoom at my HP computer, I still cannot see the slides.  At this stage when I clicked on my Zoom photos, I still could see the “Settings”

I did more researches and test the Zoom by changing different settings.  For 2 hours now, when I clicked on my Zoom photo, it only shows my name, email, “Plans and Billing” and “Sign Out”.  Thus I could not click the” Statistics” to send report.

The more I tried to solve the problems, the worse they got.

I appreciate if you know the solutions or someone from Zoom can remotely visit my computer to solve this problem.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

(PS: I was/we were so focused on the Zoom problems that I didn’t realize that today is the Thanksgiving, thus we don’t have turkey for the family today).

8 REPLIES 8

hepsibaaaa
Listener

I teach on zoom and one of my students has the same problem. She was able to view my shared screen until recently but now she is the only one in class who cannot see the image. Can some please help Helen and myself?

map26verde
Listener

One of my students is experiencing exactly the same problem. She is the only one in my group who cannot see my slides. I was wondering if we now have a solution perhaps?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @hepsibaaaa  and @map26verde.

Issues like this are very difficult to troubleshoot, especially without basic information about the configuration of the computer experiencing the problem. 

Can you provide some information?

• What type of device, operating system and version are to using?
  • What type of Zoom account do you have: Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise, etc. 
  • Are you just using a web browser, or do you have the Zoom App installed? If so, what version is the Zoom App?
  • What type of Internet connection do you have: is your device connected by wire, WiFi, or cell service?
  • Does this issue occur for all meetings, or just some of the time? If not all meetings, can you provide info about what might be different about these meetings where the issue occurs?

Your answers will give me some idea of how to help you.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

• What type of device, operating system and version are to using? iMac, up to date
  • What type of Zoom account do you have: Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise, etc.  Pro
  • Are you just using a web browser, or do you have the Zoom App installed? If so, what version is the Zoom App? app and browser
  • What type of Internet connection do you have: is your device connected by wire, WiFi, or cell service? wifi
  • Does this issue occur for all meetings, or just some of the time? If not all meetings, can you provide info about what might be different about these meetings where the issue occurs? New and is happening in all meetings that have a presentation being shared; since the last Zoom upgrade

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @drkim.

So you're unable to see anything related to Zoom when someone else is screen sharing, including not seeing the shared screen, nor any of the Zoom controls?  It would be helpful if you could provide a full screen shot under these circumstances, so we know exactly what is and is not visible.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

• What type of device, operating system and version are to using?  DellXPS8940 64 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home 22H2, 2TB SSD and 8 TB HD.  At Dell Community there was a concern about 4 TB limit.  So a week ago I split the 8 TB into 2 4 TB drives each with less than 2 TB data.  But when I got in Zoom with camera on, it automatically turned it off.  If I turned camera on again, Zoom greyed out and I have to exit the meeting, rebooted computer and rejoin the meeting.
  • What type of Zoom account do you have: Basic, Pro, Business, Enterprise, etc. Basic.  Husband has a Pro account, but as a co-host of his meetings, I cannot show my camera.
  • Are you just using a web browser, or do you have the Zoom App installed? If so, what version is the Zoom App?  I have the most recent desktop version.
  • What type of Internet connection do you have: is your device connected by wire, WiFi, or cell service? High speed 5 G internet direct connect to router
  • Does this issue occur for all meetings, or just some of the time? If not all meetings, can you provide info about what might be different about these meetings where the issue occurs?  All the meetings if I don't remove my data to have free space over 3.75 TB on the 8 TB drive.  As mentioned earlier, I split the 8 TB in half and kept data less than 2 RB each, it didn't help.  I have re-installed Windows 10, updated all the drives, run CHKDSK, optimized drives, run anti-virus, antispyware, increased the Virtual memory size, etc.

My DellXPS8940 computer is just over a year old.  I have re-installed Windows 10, updated all the drives, run CHKDSK, optimized drives, run anti-virus, antispyware, increased the Virtual memory size, re-installed Zoom, etc.  Right now I can see presenter's slides or shared screens, but I still cannot have my camera on.  At the meetings I attended, one must have camera on to talk or ask questions.  

Thank you for your help to solve this problem.  

drkim
Listener

I am having the same problem. I have an iMac