cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling difficulties

Michael-T
Listener

Hello,

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.  When I try to schedule a meeting on my home page, I get error codes, but when I sign in to Client via my profile, there seems to be no problem in scheduling a meeting.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Many thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, everyone!

One quick note: Check your Zoom desktop client to be sure you are not on Zoom Version 5.15.0.  There was a bulletin issued that indicate there are problems with that specific version.  I had the same issue myself, and updating fixed that issue.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Michael-T.

The errors while creating meetings should no longer be a problem in 5.15.3.  You will see a different User Interface on the Meetings tab of the desktop app though... and many people are confused by it.  Your meetings are only shown for a specific day, and any recurring meetings with "no fixed time" are shown under a drop down labeled "Anytime Meetings" - but that drop down only shows on days that have No Fixed Time meetings on it; otherwise its not shown.

See my post here for more information on that UI change:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/My-Meetings-Recurring-Meetings-Are-Gone-The-answer/td-p/12823... 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

KJ2006
Listener

I am having the same issue. How did you resolve this? Not sure what you mean when you say "sign in to Client" thanks

Hello KJ,

From my page, which I'm already signed into, I go to the top right and click 'My Profile'.  That takes me to the sign-in for the main Zoom page (with 'Products', 'Solutions' 'Resources' etc across the top).   I signed in there.  In the list on the left is 'Meetings', from which you can access all your meetings information, and at the top is 'Schedule.'  I scheduled a meeting from that link and it showed up back on my own page.   (One bizarre thing is that, like you, I got an error message when I tried to schedule from my home page, but when I signed into the other Zoom page, there the meeting was.)  I hope that this is helpful, best wishes.

KJ2006
Listener

Thanks so much for your help. That worked!!!!!

I'm glad it worked, KJ.  As Miguel said, there must be some glitch or discrepancy.  In the very moment when I get the 'error' message on my homepage, the meeting seems to go on the list in the main Zoom page, and it's there when I go back to my homepage again.  Ah well...

Miguel_Blanton
Listener

This issue might be due to a technical glitch or a discrepancy between the scheduling functionality on the homepage and the Client profile. It's recommended to reach out to the technical support team or customer service to report the issue and seek assistance in resolving it. They can provide specific guidance based on the platform or software you are using.

Thank you, I reached out to technical support 2 days ago and have not had any assistance. Grateful for the workaround from the community site (Michael T)

Thanks for this, Miguel, it's much appreciated. 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, everyone!

One quick note: Check your Zoom desktop client to be sure you are not on Zoom Version 5.15.0.  There was a bulletin issued that indicate there are problems with that specific version.  I had the same issue myself, and updating fixed that issue.

Hello Ray, many thanks for this.  I have 5.15.3, so maybe some of the same issues are still around.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Michael-T.

The errors while creating meetings should no longer be a problem in 5.15.3.  You will see a different User Interface on the Meetings tab of the desktop app though... and many people are confused by it.  Your meetings are only shown for a specific day, and any recurring meetings with "no fixed time" are shown under a drop down labeled "Anytime Meetings" - but that drop down only shows on days that have No Fixed Time meetings on it; otherwise its not shown.

See my post here for more information on that UI change:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/My-Meetings-Recurring-Meetings-Are-Gone-The-answer/td-p/12823... 

Thank you for this, Ray, it's very helpful.

Thank you for the suggestion. I also have 5.15.0 - the meetings eventually show up as being scheduled but when trying to save them with the new interface it shows "unable to schedule - error code -1"

I meant I have 5.15.3

BCD2020
Listener

This is what I found as a work around"

go to you zoom main page

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/                     Your meeting ID

click the calendar you use

set up a meeting

It sends it to your recipient and should show up on both your calendar and zoom meetings.

Good luck