cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording to the cloud

JonMagidsohn
Listener

I recently recorded a meeting where I was granted permission by the host to record. I chose to save it to the cloud, rather than on my computer, because I thought it would be safer. I've now learned that I could only record to the cloud if I had a premium account, which I do not. Why was I even given that option? I need that recording. How can I get that recording? Please help, this was an important interview that I'd waited a year for. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @JonMagidsohn.

You indicated you got permission from the Host to record, and also confirm that you had authorization to record to the Cloud, indicating that you must also have been a Co-Host of the Meeting. 

Zoom always stores Cloud recordings in the account of the Meeting Owner – regardless of who initiated the Cloud recording. It could have been another designated Host, or a Co-Host; the recording is on the account of the Meeting Owner. Contact the Meeting Owner (likely the meeting Host) for permission to view and possibly download the Cloud recording.

I’d also check your Local recording folder, just to be sure it’s not there. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,

I'm in the same situation as Jon. Last night I recorded a meeting for which I was not the host. I was recording to the cloud on the host's behalf. I have a licensed account. The recording does not appear in my Zoom account nor does it appear in the host's account. This was an important meeting that we were hoping to share with those who could not make it. Does it still exist? If so, could you please tell me where it is? I read somewhere that in this situation the recording is sent later by email to the person who initiated it. Is that correct?  So far nothing has arrived. Thank you.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @davidls7108.

It exists in the Cloud recordings of the Meeting Owner.  Being the "designated host" does not put the meeting in your Cloud recordings... Cloud recordings always go in the meeting owner's account.

Hello and thank you @Ray_Harwood  Hoping you could help answer - 

I ran into a similar situation.  My account is licensed. The host gave me host permission then left the meeting. I then started recording via cloud (without the host in the meeting). Will the recording be stored in the host's account still?  (Concerned because it's been over a few hours after the meeting ended, but the host still couldn't see any recording on their cloud.  We both also didn't see any pop-up notification saying the recording was being converted after the meeting ended).  Thank you in advance for your help and reply. 

asifnaveed8527
Listener

Oh man, what a mess! It's Asif here, and I'm seriously puzzled. I was part of this crucial meeting (I'd been waiting for this opportunity for over a year!) and the host was kind enough to give me permission to record it. Thinking that cloud storage would be a safer bet, I went for it. But now, here's the catch - I've come to find out that cloud recording is a feature exclusive to premium accounts. Why on earth was I given that choice in the first place? 😩

I honestly thought I was doing the smart thing by saving it to the cloud, and now I'm in a real bind. That recording is insanely important to me. Has anyone been through something similar? Or perhaps there's some workaround? Any insights would be massively appreciated. I'm all ears. Help a desperate soul out!

Update
thanks @Ray_Harwood 

Ray_Harwood

Same answer for you, @asifnaveed8527, as for the others.  Cloud recordings are ALWAYS saved in the account of the Meeting Owner, independent of the account or License status of any designated Host or Co-Host.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @asifnaveed8527,

As you can tell from this thread, and a few others I've seen the last couple of weeks, you are not alone.

Your only recourse is to contact the Meeting Owner and ask that person to make the video available to you from their Recordings in their account.  There is no other copy maintained by Zoom.

The only other long-shot is that someone else might have gotten permission to record Locally, but getting access entails contacting attendees and getting them to upload the video somewhere so you have access.