cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerpoint runs slowly erratically in Zoom

adavies
Listener

I run a Mac (Big Sur 11.6) and give  Zoom talks using lots of photo images. Powerpoint runs ether slowly with lag between slide, or jumps slides. Is this a Zoom issue or Powerpoint?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @adavies, I am sorry I missed this! Are you still having issues with the powerpoint presentations? If so, please let me know.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I know this is an old thread but I can say I'm still seeing this issue.  Here is how it plays out.
Some parameters:   Same screen split out into two projectors and one LCD.  Wireless keyboard.  Wireless Logitech presentation clicker (from now on clicker).

• We can run through a PowerPoint no problem when Zoom is not running.
  • We can run through a PowerPoint with Zoom running but NOT presenting.
  • When we go to Share my screen and share the entire desktop is where the problem begins.
  • Zoom logged in.  Share > Full screen.  PowerPoint (Microsoft Office 2019).  Set PowerPoint to "full screen" presentation mode.
  • After going full screen with Zoom sharing.  And then maximizing the PowerPoint the clicker does not respond for 15 to 30 seconds.   And at points during the presentation the clicker may freeze.

And some answers to anticipated questions.   Yes, the clicker batteries are fresh (and tested with a battery tester).   Without the Zoom presentation running you can click forward and back on the PowerPoint very fast.  This works fine in Google Meet with screen sharing.   This has been observed in Zoom at three or four presentation rooms in different buildings.  Windows 10 22H2.

eyadwx
Listener

Similar issues on my end. When running a powerpoint presentation on ZOOM, the performance of my surface pen is severely impared. The lag is so bad that I will write entire words without being able to see any pen strokes. The word will then suddenly appear after I stop writing. This makes adding contant or drawings during the presentation almost impossible.