cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll results indicate old username, even when username has been renamed

Shoephone
Listener

I'm trying to set up a poll that is not anonymous.  When I did a test with my iPhone, the download .csv showed the username to be "iPhone".  I renamed myself to something that would uniquely identify me, and did another poll.  However, the username in the .csv still said "iPhone".  I left the zoom, renamed myself within the zoom app, re-entered the meeting, and reran the poll, but the .csv still showed "iPhone".  The only way to change my name so that it would appear in the .csv was to stop the meeting for everybody, then change my name in the zoom app (before joining), and then re-start the meeting.  This is not an acceptable workaround...  The host shouldn't have to stop/leave a meeting and restart it so that folks can rename themselves for a poll.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have a way to handle feature requests. Please use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I consider this to be a bug, not a feature request. I gather that this is the only way to report an issue?

Ray_Harwood

If you think the software is designed properly, and your device is having issues and you’d like a Zoom tech to help you, then a Zoom Support Ticket would be appropriate:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

However, if you think the Zoom software needs to be changed, the feature request form – if you have not yet looked at it – has a means for you  to indicate whether you’re just dissatisfied with the current design or are suggesting something new and original.

My opinion is that your Zoom client is likely behaving according to the software design. I could be wrong. Take your pick for how you’d like to proceed. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !