cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 videos on Android

Alchesen
Listener

I have 2 Android phones and an Android tablet, all with the latest version of Zoom.

Both phones will display 9 videos in Gallery View but the tablet will only display 4. Why?

Could it be the difference in RAM? One phone has 12GB of RAM, the other 6GB, but the tablet only 3, so I am guessing that Zoom restricts the number of videos it displays on the tablet. Would this be the reason?

I need to get another tablet but it is essential it displays 9 videos in Gallery View.

Can someone tell me what the minimum specifications are for this to work?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Every device behaves a bit differently, @Alchesen. There are different versions of the Zoom program, depending on the device, and there are different criteria for each device that determine how many videos show up in the gallery. 

This Zoom Support article – though a little technical in places – has some good information for each of the various device types. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Alchesen
Listener

Thank you Ray for your reply.

The linked information was most useful and I picked up a couple of other options I had missed before.  Unfortunately it did not directly address my question about minimum Android tablet specifications, but I did notice a couple of things it said (although not specifically talking about Android), but which will guide my choice, namely: "Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better" and "4GB RAM". Hopefully those specs will allow the 9 video gallery display (and bringing those with raised hands to the top).

Thanks again,

Allan