cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add users as a co-host prior to the meeting.

NyeJones
Listener

Hello,

I have enabled co-host for meetings in Zoom, however when I try to add an email address to the meeting, the system states we are unable to assign '***********' as an alternative host because the user cannot be selecta at this time.   Co-host is enabled and I don't understand what is going wrong. 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Co-hosts and alternative hosts are not the same thing. An Alternative host must be another licensed user on the same account. Its likely that the user you are trying to set as Alternative Host is on a separate account, so would not qualify. You would need to set them as the co-host during the live meeting. 

Unfortunately I can't add an alternative host either. This person is in our same account. (we are a school district).  Please advise.

Rosemary208
Listener

I am having the exact same issue. I had previously and sucessfully added the licensed user to the meeting as an alternative host. I removed them. Confirmed receipt of the email telling them they have been removed. Then went to add them back (within 30 minutes of removal) and now receiveing the "unable to assign X as alternative host because the user cannot be selected at this time". It's a valid user. Fully licensed. Nothing changed on the account since the initial add.  

corderofx
Listener

I am having the same issue.  I recently purchased a license user as a Pro Account.  I attempted to add another user who just recently bought a Pro Account and I can't add him as an Alternative host - getting the same msg as others.  What do I need to do for Zoom to recognize this user?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Corderfx,

Is this other user part of the same account as you are? You can't be on different Zoom organizational accounts to add an alternative host. The billing should all be going to the same global account owner.

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Ray_Harwood

Note that there are TWO prerequisites for designating an Alt Host:

• They must be on the same organizational account (under the same Owner)
  • They must be a LICENSED (paid) user

See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !