cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of host - assignment rule to co-host

Duncan006
Listener

if the host's network or power/PC/software fails and there are multiple co-hosts appointed by the host, is there a zoom rule which  defines which co-host is automatically assigned as host?  We only want one specific co-host to be appointed.

one description said "host usually goes to the first assigned co-host"  - is this correct.  Others say its random - surely Zoom must have made a rule.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Duncan006 No problem, I've ran through several scenarios and this always seems to be the case. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@Duncan006 In my testing when there are multiple Co-Hosts assigned, it will choose the Co-Host that joined the meeting first to take host privileges.

The assumption that "host usually goes to the first assigned co-host" is most likely tied to the fact that co-hosts may be assigned as they join the meeting. 

Duncan006
Listener

Thanks - my testing seems to agree with that but without many repeat tests, I can't be sure. 

J-Zoom-ATL

@Duncan006 No problem, I've ran through several scenarios and this always seems to be the case. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.