cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to only see direct messages

Eeik
Listener

I hate when my direct messages get lost in everyone messages. Is there a way to ONLY see direct messages or to have directs in a separate chatbox?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi

please find here more information on how to set to automaticaly save the in meeting chat so you will not miss any chat´s.
https://support.zoom.com/hc/es/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067312

Please let me know if it helped
Thanks

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Calvo

Hi Eeik

there is no separate chatbox option available, but please note that you I'm wondering how you can loose your chat messages. Direct chat messages are always available unless you delete it...for meeting chats you can store the chat as protocol automaticaly so you don't loose it.

cheers

...Direct chat messages are always available unless you delete it...for meeting chats you can store the chat as protocol automaticaly so you don't loose it.

Can you elaborate on how to view chat messages after the session? Also, can you explain how to be sure that I don't loose chat messages? Can you link an article that explains this?

Jade_DUTC
Listener

I can't believe that this isn't a feature. Direct Messages in Zoom are almost unusable.

I have 20 people in a meeting and I want to send the same question to each of them, but privately. It's easy enough to send those messages, but then to keep track of replies is impossible. Absolutely crazy that it works like this. 

plthor
Listener

I was in an event with over 500 participants. The chat was constantly going crazy and the host encouraged it. The host actually sent me a DM to invite me to speak "on stage" but I did not see the several DMs from him in the chat because of the volume. After five minutes of him trying to reach me by DMs, the team called me on the phone. I agree that it would be VERY helpful if Zoom gave either a separate box or the option to toggle between everyone and DM mode in the chat box. Thank you.

Calvo

Hi

please find here more information on how to set to automaticaly save the in meeting chat so you will not miss any chat´s.
https://support.zoom.com/hc/es/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067312

Please let me know if it helped
Thanks

This is not a solution, not at all. How does reviewing chat messages AFTER the meeting finishes help you respond to Direct Messages in real time, when they scroll too quickly off the screen?