cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Test Using Desktop for Video and Dial-in for Audio

astara25
Listener

How can I set audio to my iPhone/pods while using my desktop computer for video (so using two devices simultaneously), and do so without showing as two participants in the meeting?

I don't see any options to do this under settings or in a mock meeting session. I need to toggle from using a webcam mic on my desktop due to the loud echo and want to find / test a workaround for this.

I've also tried connecting my iPods to my desktop to see if Zoom recognizes them as an audio source but no luck there either!

Thanks!

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

zakinalvix
Listener
  1. Verify Desktop Video Functionality:

• Ensure your desktop camera is properly connected and recognized by the video conferencing software.
    • Test the video feed on your desktop to confirm clarity and resolution.
  2. Check Microphone and Speakers:

• Confirm that your desktop microphone and speakers are operational by testing them within the video conferencing application settings.
    • Adjust audio input and output settings as needed to optimize sound quality.
  3. Explore Video Settings:

• Navigate to the video settings in the conferencing application to adjust parameters such as video quality, frame rate, and background settings.
  4. Dial-In Audio Test:

• Utilize the dial-in option to join the audio portion of the conference separately.
    • Dial the specified number and enter the conference ID to connect your audio.
  5. Balance Video and Audio Settings:

• Ensure a harmonious balance between video and audio settings to guarantee a synchronized and seamless conferencing experience.
  6. Perform Old Testing Procedures:

• Apply established testing procedures that have been effective in the past old to maintain consistency and reliability.
    • If applicable, refer to previous testing logs or records for any insights or patterns.
  7. Test in Various Environments:

• Conduct testing in different environments to assess the adaptability of your setup, considering potential challenges such as varying lighting conditions or background noise.
  8. Implement Backup Solutions:

• Have contingency plans in place, including alternative devices or communication channels, to address unexpected issues during the testing phase.
  9. Evaluate Overall Compatibility:

• Assess the compatibility of your desktop setup with the chosen video conferencing platform, ensuring seamless integration and optimal performance.
  10. Document and Review:

• Document the outcomes of your testing procedures, highlighting any areas that may require further attention or optimization.
    • Review the testing results and make necessary adjustments, keeping a record for future reference and improvement.

astara25
Listener

Thank you for the general overview! I'm looking for specific troubleshooting tips as per my questions above.