cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 5003

Deniz222
Listener

Hello. Todat at 9 am I tried to launch zoom as usual for my lecture (direct link from school website). It tried to connect but failed several times with an error code 5003. Then tried to sign in but faced the same error code.

I searched for a fix and tried these:

Re-install updated version. Re-install previous version. Disable anti-virus. Check firewall settings. From command line: flush dns and related settings. Reboot the system. Try multiple DNS. Problem still persists.

I also tried to join lecture from android on same network and it works fine.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Deniz222.

Try this: Sign out of all devices where you have your Zoom credentials active, change your password (retrieving it as if you forgot it), and then re-enter your credentials in the Zoom app.

You can also try to enter from zoom web, through different browsers.

Wences

Deniz222
Listener

Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Hi @Deniz222, thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community! 

Are you still experiencing issues with logging in to Zoom? If so, please let me know and I will do my best to assist! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi CarlaA - I would be really grateful if you could give me some advice on why I keep getting Error code 5003 on my lenovo tab m10 plus (3rd gen) android tablet. The first few times I used zoom on it, there was no problem (I also have it installed on my Motorola G8 plus. And then suddenly it wouldn't work on the tablet. I have tried uninstalling on both tablet and Motorola but it does not work on the tablet any longer (whether on Motorola or not). I restarted, I have even done a factory reset on the tablet a couple of times, and I still get the code when I try to sign in with google. If I sign in with my account, using the correct password, all I get is "failed to connect to Zoom". Please help if you can, it is really frustrating as I got the tablet mainly for the purpose of using zoom. Many thanks, Rick

Hey Rick I know you didn't ask me officially but I've managed to solve that problem on my end so I want to suggest a few things. I experienced that problem on my desktop because some application had been preventing Zoom from connecting to the internet. In my case, it was the Kaspersky antivirus program. Once I adjusted some settings, the problem was solved. If you use any kind of antivirus program for your tablet uninstall it and see if it is working. I would have suggested disabling the firewall to access the Zoom application but I don't think tablets are  capable of that.

HI Deniz, thanks for the suggestion. Strangely enough I happened to notice that my antivirus wasn't active (because of factory reset - another of my attempts resolve the problem) and spoke to Eset who helped me reinstall it. However, it wasn't working before I reinstalled it (I don't think). My question is, you say you adjusted some settings on Kaspersky. Which ones did you adjust? Many thanks

A long time passed since I resolved my issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the website. I searched for "zoom error code 5003 Kaspersky" and followed the instructions of the specific site which solved the issue without disabling the antivirus.  Kaspersky may also have updated their app so those steps is not applicable anyway. Sorry.