cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark gray box appearing when I screen share

corporatecomic
Listener

Hi. I recently was the presenter on a Zoom call featuring about 60 participants. I shared my screen, which consisted of a Keynote presentation. On my screen I saw the Keynote presentation and several participants on the right side of the screen, which is normal. However, as I found out later, the participants were seeing a dark gray box on the right side (attachment) throughout my entire presentation. The attachment shows the dark gray box. Pay no attention to the gray box in the middle; that is supposed to be there. Focus on the box on the side. I have done multiple Zoom presentations since the start of COVID and have often shared keynote presentations, created and displayed on my Mac book. This is the first time this problem has occurred. Can anyone  help?

5 REPLIES 5

Bigail
Listener

I have the same problem, it seems to happen on Mac. Did you find a solution?

corporatecomic
Listener

I have not. I just did a Zoom call using Keynote last week and didn't have any issues. Now I can't remember if the presentation in question was created in Keynote or PP.  But no, still no answers.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @corporatecomic and @Bigail, this may be due to the Zoom windows not being shown during the meeting. If you go within your Zoom Desktop Client settings under 'Share Screen' you can enable 'Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing" and see if that helps!

If so, don't forget to click the 'Accept as solution' button. Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have a similar issue, but I don't see the 'Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing' option.
Here are the options I see under Settings -> Share Screen:

• Window size when screen sharing
  • Scale to fit shared content to Zoom window
  • Side-by-side Mode
  • Silence system notifications when sharing desktop
  • Share individual window
  • Share all windows from an application
  • Automatically share desktop
  • Show all sharing options
  • Limit your screen share to X frames-per-second
  • Show green border around the shared content
  • Share selected app window only