cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling and popping in sound when using USB speaker/mic

j3d
Listener

After my zoom updated to 5.17.5 (29101), I started to notice crackling/popping from my USB speaker/mic (Jabra Speak 510).  The crackling/popping comes and goes and sometimes is really bad and sometimes is minor. It doesn't happen when I send audio through my Macbook speakers, only when using the USB speaker.

I've tested various settings, and it seems to be better if I switch audio settings to

- Original sound for musicians

- High-fidelity music mode: On

- Echo cancellation: On

- Stereo audio: Off

But even with the above settings, the crackling/popping still happens sometimes (just less frequently).

Has anyone else seen something similar?

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi j3d,

Do you have the latest firmware/software installed on your Jabra speak 510?

Jabra Speak 510 | Jabra Support

try removing and reconnecting your usb connections from your Jabra speak 510 and your mac book.

Please also see

Troubleshooting speaker or microphone issues in the desktop client - Zoom Support

Troubleshooting audio issues - Zoom Support

Troubleshooting audio with USB extenders - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @j3d, thank you for posting to the community! Did you find @Eliot's reply helpful? If so, please mark the reply as an accepted solution. Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

j3d
Listener

Unfortunately neither of @Eliot's suggestions helped.  I tried force updating the firmware and I've tried connecting the Jabra to multiple USB ports.  I'm able to reproduce the problem in Facetime as well as Zoom, so I'm talking to Jabra support now.