cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent Meetings for an event

SmithK
Listener

I am hosting an event at a school and have several hosts who will be running sessions at the same time.  I would like to create all the meetings for them and set them as alternative hosts.  I will not be in any of these sessions.  Will that work  as I am not actually hosting any of them?

This link is the closeset information but does not quite answer my issue:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

No, it will not be possible as described. Scheduling them all yourself and setting others as alt-host will allow the others to start their assigned meeting, but your number of maximum concurrent meetings will still be limited, as all these meetings are still your meetings, regardless of who starts them. 

Depending on the duration of these meetings and the number of licenses on your account, you could set up scheduling privilege between you and these other users on your account. This would allow you to schedule the sessions through your profile but the meetings belong to their profiles, which would allow them each to have 1 meeting on their profile and all of those meetings to run concurrently and independently of each other. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

No, it will not be possible as described. Scheduling them all yourself and setting others as alt-host will allow the others to start their assigned meeting, but your number of maximum concurrent meetings will still be limited, as all these meetings are still your meetings, regardless of who starts them. 

Depending on the duration of these meetings and the number of licenses on your account, you could set up scheduling privilege between you and these other users on your account. This would allow you to schedule the sessions through your profile but the meetings belong to their profiles, which would allow them each to have 1 meeting on their profile and all of those meetings to run concurrently and independently of each other. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.