cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view recorded video - can only hear audio

katherineuk
Listener

Hi there,

I recorded an interview with a client yesterday but when I try and play it back, I get this error message:

The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support.

And when I download it - both video and audio files - I can download the audio but with the video portion,  I get a black screen and can only hear the audio - can't see any video.

Any ideas how to recover the video - it's a testimonial video for my website.

Thanks, Katherine

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @katherineuk 

Assuming this is a cloud recording, I would try to view the recording in another web browser to see if that helps the playback. 

Beyond that,  you should contact Zoom Support, as they may be able to help with fixing the recording.

Thank you. Yes, I tried another browser and it doesn't work there either. It's a Cloud recording yes. I'm a bit confused about how to contact Zoom support! But I'll have a look around. Is that a phone call? I can't see an easy way to contact them. They sent me to this community first. Thanks for the answer.

Realtalktina
Listener

I had the same thing happened to me I checked back a few hours later and the video appeared there automatically