cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxes of black shadows when sharing screen

wenwebb77
Listener

Hello,

As I share my screen, I notice black boxes appears from the floating toolbar or other options I may use while sharing.  The black boxes appear directly in the middle of the screen blocking content on the screen and a HUGE distraction to meeting participants.  This happens every time I share my screen or others share their screen.

6 REPLIES 6

Amy84
Listener

Having the same issue, zoom could not give me an answer

Moyer
Listener

I think I have the same problem. I can share screen but when I interact (move my mouse) within any interface there is a lag that shows a smaller black box sometimes as my mouse reached an interactive interface area or the whole shared screen goes black when I click. A few seconds later the black clears and looks good. As I am Now typing in this box the screen is all black. When I click outside the text box my shared screen comes back.

This is happening in my browser, my finder when I launch an application and any open application I try, both sharing desktop or application. The worst part is it worked just fine yesterday and last week.

fl279
Listener

I have the same problem. When I share either my screen or a specific application, the annotation bar or any other window, tab, etc that is on the screen, shows as a black box to viewers & will not go away. Very distracting. what is the fix for this?

I had a problem. I was a good boy and updated zoom. It seemed OK until I shared screen. I could share screen but when I interact (move my mouse) within any interface there is a lag that shows a small black box sometimes as my mouse reached an interactive interface area or the whole shared screen goes black for the students when I click anything. A few seconds later the black clears and looks good.  I tried typing in a text box for help, the screen went all black. When I click outside the text box my shared screen comes back.

This was happening in Photoshop, my browser and any application I tried to interact with, both sharing desktop or application every zoom setting I could find that may effect sharing. The worst part is it worked just fine last week pam and I checked.

Do you think “Screen capture” would affect screen sharing? I did not. But it does. It seems like one of those bad jokes from IT.

I hope you don’t get trapped like I did. Here is my "screen capture" that I’m sharing.

Moyer_0-1704317255644.png

This fixed it!  It's still good 1-3-24, no problems.

John Moyer

Graphic Technologies

Clover Park Technical College

Thanks for the tip! 

Hi! I just spent quite some time figuring out the same, just to find your post later. I had the problem after making zoom run on my video card instead of the CPU (as I share my screen all day long, I thought that would be better)
BUT, the best option I found is to set "Screen capture mode" to "Secure share with window filtering". It works EVEN when you have "optimize for video sharing" on!