cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio type only have 2 options - computer and 3rd party

louise_
Listener

Did not have this issue previously but one day, whenever I schedule a meeting, it only has options for computer audio and 3rd party so those who are using phones couldn't join audio or hear anything. I tried everything like exploring settings - turns out my settings only have 2 audio options which are computer audio and 3rd party audio. I also tried reinstalling but still doesnt work. Really need help for this!

4 REPLIES 4

Zxi-Issues
Listener

Pretty sure that you can fix this by going to your settings page on the zoom website,  Log into your account, Then go to "Settings" link from the left hand menu

Either scroll down on the settings page or do a ctrl+F and find

Audio Type

which should have 3 choices:

Telephone and Computer Audio and just Telephone and Computer audio. 

You want to make sure the Top one is selected for Telephone and Computer Audio. 

If that doesn't fix it, they probably broke something in the update.

Yeah, that is exactly my current issue. I already went to settings from zoom website and was surprised that I only have 2 audio type so I cannot fix this problem.

Zxi-Issues
Listener

Oh, I see.  I noticed that there was some mentions of allowing joining via web browser might correct the issue? 

From settings page, turn on the switch for "Show Join from your browser" link

Then maybe folks can join from a browser on phone as a work around.  Who knows, it may just give you the correct 3 options after switching it?

I would also turn on "Allow users to select Stereo Audio in their Client Settings"  and see if that changes anything.  Sorry about the misinterpretation of your issue.  Good luck!

Zxi-Issues
Listener

The only other place I see the words 3rd  Party is in the 'Recording' Settings,  from the desktop client, where there is an

"Optimize for 3rd party video editor"  

If, by chance you have that enabled,  try disabling.