cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Recording Missing/Issue

brebrehayy
Listener

Hi. I feel like I pretty much know the answer to this and my recording is gone but would like some confirmation. I started recording a meeting, on a work zoom account (I think it is a pro account) and as it was ending I hit pause and then accidentally hit record and then end. When the meeting converted, I assumed there would be two recordings, one of the majority of the meeting and one of the last two minutes when I had hit record and end. However once converted, I only have one recording and it is unfortunately only the last two minutes of this meeting. Just wondering if the recording was overwritten or if there is anything I can do to get the previous recording. 

I tried doing what I did on my regular account (redid my mistake) and when I went to convert I had two recordings.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @brebrehayy.

You don’t mention if this was a Cloud or Local recording. Either way … I’ve never seen Zoom not provide two recordings when recording is stopped and restarted.  When pausing, however, there is one continuous recording with the paused areas “missing”. It shouldn’t be possible to pause the recording and then restart the recording, without first stopping the recording. 

The bottom line, though, is that at this point, “You have all you’re going to get.”  The raw files used to create your recording are no longer available. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !