cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding event to iCal

VickyE
Listener

It looks as though there's been an update to Zoom. When I used to schedule a meeting in the Zoom desktop app, it would automatically add it to my iCal calendar, I'd grab the link, and send it to attendees. Now it doesn't do that - it tried to open Outlook instead which I don't use, and iCal doesn't look as though it's an option when I log into the web portal to change the settings. 

Can anyone suggest a workaround, because right now, I don't even know how to grab the link to send attendees, as the app only gives me the meeting ID. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Whinpod
Listener

I found it is easily fixed. Here are the instructions. Once you schedule one meeting with this fix all subsequent meetings will automatically update in ical as before. 

Please sign in to the Zoom desktop client and click the Blue Schedule button to open the Schedule meeting window.

Under the schedule meeting window, scroll down until you get to the Calendar section where you can select iCal prior to saving the meeting you scheduled.

Once you switch to iCal from the Schedule a meeting, once you click the Save button it will automatically open your Apple Calendar.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Whinpod
Listener

Same thing for me VickyE - surely there must be a fix? Looking forward to suggestions

SuzyQ100
Listener

This is happening to me too. Any answers Zoom?

SuzyQ100
Listener

I had to manually add the event and then paste the meeting info into notes, which is fine for now, but you really need to get this fixed.

RoyJohnson
Listener

It appears that Zoom no longer supports iCal integration as the only options are Google, & MS Exchange & Outlook. Bad call because I used to use Zoom over Teams to save the step of adding to my iCal. I'll now favour using Teams over Zoom. Why would Zoom stop that convenience?

Whinpod
Listener

I found it is easily fixed. Here are the instructions. Once you schedule one meeting with this fix all subsequent meetings will automatically update in ical as before. 

Please sign in to the Zoom desktop client and click the Blue Schedule button to open the Schedule meeting window.

Under the schedule meeting window, scroll down until you get to the Calendar section where you can select iCal prior to saving the meeting you scheduled.

Once you switch to iCal from the Schedule a meeting, once you click the Save button it will automatically open your Apple Calendar.

That does not work for me. I do not have a calendar section in the edit mode of a scheduled meeting - not before  neither after  safing the meeting 😞

I do not have a calendar section either??  

I don't have a calendar section either. Can you please advise another solution or show images of where else this could be located?

thank you! this worked for me.

Yay, Whinpod!

This worked great.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!  This worked.  It was getting a bit frustrating as I didn't know what had changed.  Thank you so much.

Thanks a lot, I was about to switch to Teams. Now all fixed. 

I do not have the 'Calendar' section option for iCal..   They do have Yahoo though?? Who uses Yahoo anymore?  Good grief.  This is terrible. 

I don't have this option either on my desktop. Very frustrating. And when I tried the other "solution," to go schedule a meeting and before scheduling it open the calendar section to add iCal, there again is NO such calendar option.  Ugh.

'calendars' is not an option for me in that fix. It seems that zoom has been taken over by the decision makers at Microsoft / google and they are not supporting Mac users. So that's the end of zoom for me! Great move idiots.

Thanks, but this works for each meeting separately. How to export to iCal as the default, so that it does this automatically for every new zoom meeting?

If you don't want to export each file you would need to use APIs to pull your meetings into iCal by default. If you are not a developer there are also scheduling solutions that can sync your Zoom account with your iCal. Looking through the Zoom marketplace one option is Salepager which integrates with iCal and can add your meetings by default to iCal.

yearnlearnearn
Listener

Thank you very much! You deserve a high five! 🖐

jsburk
Listener

This does not work for me. I only see Outlook Chrome and Firefox....no ical option

JasonE
Listener

When I schedule an event in Zoom, I am able to send an invite out via iCal.

However, if I am in iCal and update the event, it will not populate to the other invitees.

What happens if one goes back into Zoom and update the schedule to a new day/time?  Will that populate to all the invitees in the original invite that is in their iCalendars?

dsdaughtry
Listener

I think what we are all experiencing is that Zoom hasn't caught up with Apple friendly technology. Yes, there are "workarounds"; but cumbersome for many that are not technologically savvy.

But Zoom should do a better job of ensuring "ease of use" for all platforms and devices; especially when Apple holds a significant market share of mobile and tablet based devices for people on the go. 

My "wish list" for Zoom is to create an Apple Calendar (iCal) icon on the Meetings page. Adding an Apple Calendar icon may be a bit redundant for some, but could be highly beneficial for others. 

amandashaffer
Listener

did not work and gives me an error code. This is very bad 😞

CiaranDoran
Listener

No iCal or Google integration on my Zoom scheduler. This is an awful experience with Zoom now. Bye