cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Zoom meeting to a occurrence in a recurring meeting - No longer possible?

slangley
Listener

Our setup - Outlook 365 desktop client with Zoom web add-in

We have a series of recurring meetings on the same day each week.

For confidentiality reasons, the Zoom meeting is added a day or two before the meeting happens. We have the appointments in our calendars, and then receive an update with the Zoom details. All future instances of that meeting do not contain any Zoom meeting details.

Our desire is to have a unique meeting ID and passcode for each meeting, and we have been able to achieve this without issue for years.

As of today (April 6th, 2023) this is not possible, when we go to add a Zoom meeting to an occurrence in this series of recurring meetings, we are given the following message:

'You cannot add a Zoom meeting to a single occurrence, Zoom meetings can only be added to all occurrences in the series.'

Has anyone else got this and found a way around it?

I've combed the settings but cannot see anything related to this warning or situation.

11 REPLIES 11

linda2828
Listener

I see Recurring meetings have changed.  Just tried to set one up.   This does not answer the above question but as of this morning I can no longer set up a recurring meeting - I can only have a meeting be recurring for 7 days.  This means I will have to find a new platform ahhhhhh! 

TDRice
Listener

Same issue here, just started in the past week or so.  Even for basic scenario of existing, recurring meeting, no longer able to change / add zoom ID for single occurrence of a series.  Was able to do this ever since we started using zoom couple years ago, until now.  

Nate64
Listener

Same here - we just had an internal escalation come in for this very issue. I will be reaching out to Zoom support. Has anyone else reached out, and gotten a response? 

We haven't yet, it's being done shortly as we need this functionality within the Outlook Web add-in not via the web site, as none of our staff use this.
All meetings are setup via the full Outlook client.

jhosie
Listener

Yes we have the same issue. We have a weekly meeting and the Zoom details are added per occurrence which was previously possible. We want the feature re-instated. I have logged a ticket with our Tech Team.

Thank you for this I've passed this on, but our staff operate mainly via the Outlook Web add-in

This is where we need the functionality, not on the web portal.

Thanks - is there any way to still do this with the Outlook plugin? Do you know if an O365 update caused an incompatibility with Zoom, or Zoom update, may have created this issue? Or if this is a feature of the Zoom plugin that is no longer supported? 

Thanks for this info, however like the others, we use Outlook desktop and Zoom plug-in. Especially when we are on our mobile devices. This is because our meeting rooms are Zoom rooms so we need to associate Zoom to the meetings via Outlook so that the meeting room is also booked and the Zoom room can START the meeting as the host.

We create the recurring meeting in Outlook then attach Zoom per occurrence within this series. So, at the moment, this meeting series is not visible in the Zoom web portal because it doesn't have Zoom attached to it. I wanted to try the above however the Outlook meeting is not showing up in the Zoom portal.

If we were to create the meeting in the Zoom web portal instead of via Outlook, how do we then associate it to a Zoom room in our office to automatically book out the room? We will then need to JOIN the meeting rather that START the meeting in the Zoom room?

I did a test yesterday by adding Zoom to on occurrence on my mobile Outlook and it allowed me to, however when I looked in my Outlook desktop, the Zoom details are missing for that occurrence.

TDRice
Listener

Agreed - good information, but we also rely on the Outlook plugin via 365.  I opened a zoom case yesterday and awaiting update.  

TDRice
Listener

Got a reply from zoom support confirming a known issue.  Asked and awaiting clarity about the workaround as it does not seem to pertain to Outlook / Zoom add-in.

As I checked, this is a known issue that was reported to our Engineering team and there is no ETA yet for the fix. They advise us of the workaround, you can create a recurrence Zoom meeting first for a recurrence event, and then edit one of the occurrences, modification time, and topic. 

Was this issue ever resolved for you?