cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom blocks Fathom from Recording

Bobbiepos
Listener

I just starting using Fathom to record meetings and most of my devices will allow Fathom to record. But one device blocks the recording. Is there a way to disable blocking on that device? 

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Bobbiepos 

I'm not aware of any reason off the top of my head why that app is unable or not allowed to record on that one device. Can you provide some additional details about this device, such as things that make it different from the rest? Are all the meetings hosted by the same account, or do certain meetings block Fathom while others don't? 

I’m not sure how this device is different than the others. I work on PCs and Macs. The account is the same for all devices. This PC  happens to be an all-in one but that’s the only difference I can think of 

breatheyrdesign
Listener

Hi! 

Thanks for asking about this! I've been using Fathom via Zoom for about 3 months on the same computer and there we no issues until yesterday! Two things that were different yesterday that may have been the reason for this "Recording Blocked" message are: 1. She used her work computer and it might have a program that blocks recordings? OR 2. I used the Acuity appointment to access the meeting and not the Zoom appointment (both show on the calendar) and something happened there? Just guesses, but might help with figuring it out.