cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomEvents with using eventbrite for ticketing (Is this possible?)

AMANJ
Listener

Hello all,

We are looking to use eventbrite for the ticketing for ZoomEvents. Is this possible?  What I see is that Eventbrite will intergrate with zoom meetings and zoom webinar but can not find anything for zoom events.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

We have already started people to register via eventbrite and had to pivot to zoom because originally it was going to be inperson.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @AMANJ  –

I’ve done this – but it’s painful. Especially so if your Eventbrite ticketing is complex – or much less difficult if you have a “one price gets you access to everything” approach.

The main issue you’ll find is that there is no automatic interface between Eventbrite and Zoom Events. You’ll have to copy/paste email addresses from one to the other. 

Also note that your attendees will probably have to go through the Zoom registration process – which can confuse them in several ways. First, in their mind they’ve already registered – and don’t think it’s necessary to do it again. Secondly, they may have registered in Eventbrite with an email address that is different from their Zoom account email address, and the Zoom process absolutely requires you be logged into your Zoom account to be successful.

Also note that the Zoom Lobby experience is non-functional on phones and tablets.  Desktop users (Windows and Mac) will be fine. And many of us have found that phones and tablets also just can’t access the actual Zoom Event sessions– making it impossible for them to participate at all.

If you’d like to discuss in more detail, please see the Inquire link in my GoodClix web site. 

Zoom Events has real promise – but my opinion tracks that of a number of my colleagues: currently it’s only suitable for a limited set of use cases. 

You are also welcome to join Denise Lahat’s ( @DeniseLahat ) Facebook group for Zoom Events producers. See her posts about the regular meetings where we test out features most Tuesdays in an actual Zoom Event. https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros
Join there and post some questions, and you’ll get plenty of help.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !