cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom webinar one month license usage

DrHanadi
Listener

I want to host a webinar in June but want to setup the whole thing from now. I want to ask if I take the webinar one month option, will it allow me to setup webinar from now for the 3 days event in June? Normally I setup a meeting and then later on convert it to webinar before few days of the webinar event. I don't want to do this way and want participants to directly register for the webinar and also I dont want to pay every month of webinar license when Im not using it.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @DrHanadi.

Interesting approach – and I think the way you did it before will work just fine. Here’s the steps I think you’re talking about:

1. Create a Meeting now with Registration enabled.  Make the registration URL available to others so they can sign up in advance.
  2. Less than 30 days before the last day of your planned Webinar, purchase a one-month non-recurring Webinar license.
  3.  In the Zoom Web Portal, view your Meeting and click the Convert to Webinar link.
  4.  Check your Webinar settings to ensure they are set the way you want.

This Zoom Support article has details you might want to read:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067900

For example: After converting from Meeting to Webinar, the registration URL will change slightly, but the old registration link will automatically forward to the newer link, so there shouldn’t be any issues.

I don’t know if the option to convert is affected by the fact that you have a recurring session planned. The article doesn’t address the issue, but it seems like it should work fine. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

@DrHanadi, I’ve created a test scenario, and it works as expected.

To initiate the change process, you click the name of the event on the Zoom Web Portal:

Ray_Harwood_0-1708274940166.png

Then, this message appears:

Ray_Harwood_1-1708274984931.jpeg

Click Convert and it’s done. I did find that the registration URL listed was the same as the registration URL for the Meeting, but after clicking the URL in a browser, it does forward to another URL that is quite different from the original. I made a registration when it was a meeting, and that registration persisted after the conversion. 

I hope this helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !