cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM stopped my dance class midway this morning for some unknown reason.

Dina__3
Listener

I've been with ZOOM since 2020 and had absolutely no issues with conducting my classes until this morning.

Halfway through my class, ZOOM disconnected me. It took me a few minutes to logout and login. Luckily, my students are very loyal and were still there when I logged back, but it caused me a great deal of stress and I don't need this to happen again.

My account is paid to date. My device was charged 100%. I had no WiFi issues. What went wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Dina__3.

There are occasionally issues with connectivity or a server malfunction, but these are rare in and around the Zoom infrastructure.  If any of the links in the Internet chain between your device and Zoom experience an outage, you'll be temporarily disconnected, but the Zoom application will continue attempting to connect for some time, usually 2-3 minutes in my experience.

The fact that your students were still online when you returned is a good indication that Zoom's servers and infrastructure were not the issue, but something with your Internet connectivity.  Hopefully this is a rare situation for you.  I've had day-long Zoom events I've facilitated, and lost connectivity between 30 seconds and 6 minutes... every time, the problem has been with my Internet Service Provider.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !