cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Per Attendee Zoom Events

andrewrob77
Listener

Hi community, 

I am looking for help clarifying the way Pay Per Attendee for Zoom Events is billed. I have read the article here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10365607772045-Using-the-Zoom-Events-Pay-Per-Attendee-plan but want to ensure I understand. 

If I purchase a Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee license and schedule 2 events one month apart I understand that I will have to pay for each attendee that joins the event(s). However, what if the same person attends both events using her same Zoom account. Since she attended 2 separate events under my license is she considered 1 attendee or 2 attendees? 

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. 

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @andrewrob77.

One PPA “seat” admits one person to one event.  If one person attends two events, they’ll deduct 2 from your available seats. 

Two important notes:

•  PPA Licenses purchased expire one year from the date of purchase. Only buy as many seats as you can reasonably use in the next 365 days. You can add additional seats at any time; if you have more Usage than you anticipated, for example, You could get more seats 6 months from now, and those seats would expire one year from the date they were purchased.
  • If you purchase 1,000 seats for known upcoming events, as an example, thinking you’ll only need 800 seats total, but registrations are “brisk but not grandiose” – meaning you’d only need about 1,100 seats, you can allow an overage to occur, and Zoom will post-charge you $2.50 per additional seat over what you have. But if you know you’re going to have more events soon, you can add 1,000 seats, or whatever increments you think you’ll need in the next 365 days. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa

@andrewrob77 

Participants are counted by the number of tickets issued for each event, so in the case in question, she would need to obtain two tickets, thus consuming two licenses.
If you consolidate them into one event, she will only need one ticket to participate, so she will only consume one license.

Ray_Harwood
 is familiar with this area.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @andrewrob77.

One PPA “seat” admits one person to one event.  If one person attends two events, they’ll deduct 2 from your available seats. 

Two important notes:

•  PPA Licenses purchased expire one year from the date of purchase. Only buy as many seats as you can reasonably use in the next 365 days. You can add additional seats at any time; if you have more Usage than you anticipated, for example, You could get more seats 6 months from now, and those seats would expire one year from the date they were purchased.
  • If you purchase 1,000 seats for known upcoming events, as an example, thinking you’ll only need 800 seats total, but registrations are “brisk but not grandiose” – meaning you’d only need about 1,100 seats, you can allow an overage to occur, and Zoom will post-charge you $2.50 per additional seat over what you have. But if you know you’re going to have more events soon, you can add 1,000 seats, or whatever increments you think you’ll need in the next 365 days. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

andrewrob77
Listener

Thank you both. This perfectly answered my question.