cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar panelists - how to promote a registrant before a webinar starts (new webinar user!)

wooddw
Listener

Is there a way to promote a registrant to a webinar panelist before they join the meeting? I know I can invite/import a list of panelists but not everyone will attend the meeting virtually and by adding them manually, it will likely create confusion.  I know I can promote them once they join but that is challenging to do with 50+ participants.

Ideally, once someone has registered, I would like to be able to designate them a panelist so when they do join the webinar, they will have the proper status.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @wooddw1 you should be able to view as to who has registered prior to your webinar.

Let's say you have a webinar scheduled with registrants already registered prior to the webinar and you want to view the list and pick to choose who are the panelists.

Clicking into the scheduled webinar from https://zoom.us/webinar/list#/upcoming that you're hosting.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.39.05 AM.png

Scrolling down, you will see where you can manage the registrants for your webinar and click "edit".

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.42.06 AM.png

Clicking "edit", you will now see the approved and denied registrants where you can individually pick and choose who are the panelists are that have registered to the webinar. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.42.11 AM.png

To sort who is attending virtually or in-person, you can also add a custom question if those attending in-person need to register. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.45.13 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

why not add them as panelist before you start the webinar? why does it create confusion?  

The webinars are actually hybrid events with some attending in person and others attending virtually.  I do not want to send virtual invites to those who will be attending in person.  Per Zoom support, the only way to designate someone as a panelist is to either specifically invite them, import a list of names or promote them once they attend the meeting.   I want to be able to review the list of registrants and then pick and choose who are the panelists.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @wooddw1 you should be able to view as to who has registered prior to your webinar.

Let's say you have a webinar scheduled with registrants already registered prior to the webinar and you want to view the list and pick to choose who are the panelists.

Clicking into the scheduled webinar from https://zoom.us/webinar/list#/upcoming that you're hosting.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.39.05 AM.png

Scrolling down, you will see where you can manage the registrants for your webinar and click "edit".

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.42.06 AM.png

Clicking "edit", you will now see the approved and denied registrants where you can individually pick and choose who are the panelists are that have registered to the webinar. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.42.11 AM.png

To sort who is attending virtually or in-person, you can also add a custom question if those attending in-person need to register. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.45.13 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

DeniseLahat

In addition Zoom Events supports both virtual & hybrid events.  You are welcome to join my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros