cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side by Side view for Webinars

CLF
Listener

I am trying to make it so when I share my screen on a webinar it goes into side by side view - with the presentation and my video of equal size. I have the checked the side by side option in my settings on my profile but it doesn't do it. I use a Macbook Pro and Keynote presentation software, should that make any difference....

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@CLF your screen as a presenter will not look like side-by-side since the participants are moved out of the screen so that they do not interfere with what you are sharing.  You can still see them in the side window, but it is independent.   The attendees of the Webinar can, if they choose, select side-by-side mode and they will see the presentation next to your image.  When recording, your image will appear next to the screen share, but it will not be equal size.

If this answers your question, please click on 'Accept as Solution' below.

I have the same question and I'm not sure this response answers the question.

In a Zoom webinar, I believe you can pin windows or force a certain layout, correct? (I just attended one yesterday and I'm pretty sure they were using Zoom.) Does Zoom automatically adjust the speaker's window so that a 16:9 presentation doesn't have white space top and bottom? If not, it seems that shared content should be 3:4 so both windows are large and compelling.

Thanks!

lisashomo
Listener

Hello, I am so frustrated with this issue. I am on MacBook Pro and using Google Slides for a Webinar presentation. I can NOT get side-by-side mode to work for me, which makes the recording of the webinar (for future use) look terrible. Is there any solution for this to be able to use the true side-by-side mode in a webinar (for the host) when you're presenting? 

dmagee
Listener

I, too, have this problem.  It appears that if the host is sharing the screen the host cannot enter side by side and this also effects recording.