cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session CSV validation failure

YuriC
Listener

Hi everyone, I'm batch uploading sessions to ZE using the CSV template. The interface will give you a message when fields are left blank (e.g. "'Track' left blank line 30" or "Duplicate user" if you leave speaker email address blank) but there are other times when it only gives you "Validation failed. Validation failed."

I've been going nuts importing line by line and still can't figure out what is causing the issue. I checked and none of my descriptions go over the 5000 char max.

Moreover, I'm not sure at this rate that it's any faster than manually entering each session and that fills me with despair since it took a super long time to populate the CSV. 

Does anyone have a clue what could be happening?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

YuriC
Listener

I'm replying to myself in hopes that it will help someone else. It turns out that the character limit for a speaker job title is 128 characters. Since we're organizing an academic conference and most speakers have several affiliations, it is easy to go over, and I think that's what caused the "Validation failure". It is super frustrating that this is not indicated anywhere. The char limit for this field should be increased.

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

thanks for the update.  feel free to join my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros to share as well.