cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting webinar or meeting in facebook group Live

DrCandice
Listener

I am trying to broadcast a webinar or meeting to a facebook group Live session - so we can have both screen share and my picture..  They have disabled third party app integrations but still take RTMP connection which I set up.  I tried through the livestreaming app and also set up the RTMP on a scheduled webinar. 

I am getting this error both ways, any advice?  I have already restarted and reset the connections several times - error failed to connect to zoom services.  Please refresh the app. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these again may solve the problem. If the error persists, contact support.

11 REPLIES 11

VinoNoir
Listener

I have the same issue. I tried to add a channel via the livestream app and despite the correct set up, the problem is on zoom side.

then I tried the 3 dots and was able to use the stream keys etc to stream into the group but this is a manual effort everytime.

zoom needs to resolve something within the Livestream APP so it remembers the bridge and we don’t need to add stream keys every single time. 

Mahesh9
Listener

I am trying to broadcast a webinar or meeting to a facebook group Live session - so we can have both screen share and my picture..  They have disabled third party app integrations but still take RTMP connection which I set up.  I tried through the livestreaming app and also set up the RTMP on a scheduled webinar. 

I am getting this error both ways, any advice?  I have already restarted and reset the connections several times - error failed to connect to zoom services.  Please refresh the app. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these again may solve the problem. If the error persists, contact support.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom didn't do it... Facebook/Meta made a change that eliminates the ability to stream to Facebook GROUPS from "integrated applications" like Zoom.  See my post here for information and a video that explains the use of the Custom RTMP approach to live-streaming in Facebook Groups:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Livestreaming-to-Facebook-GROUPS-now-requires-Custom-RTMP/td-... 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I've viewed your video, I cannot complete connection to video and keep getting this same error. "

Error: Failed to connect to Zoom services
Please refresh the app and try again. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these channels again may solve the error. If the error persists, contact Zoom support." 

Ray_Harwood

This error is unusual. Without having all of the details of your configuration, it’s difficult to say what caused the error.

Are you re-using an existing meeting or a recurring meeting? If so, schedule a new meeting and try again with that. Also, make sure you have enabled the Persistent connection switch in Facebook. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

What solved it for me, was clicking "lock" setting after selecting the livestream locations in Zoom.   I could not get it to work otherwise.   If that helps.  I did my first one yesterday.   I assume it will work until FB changes the rules again! 

I had tried an existing meeting, a new meeting, the only change, was locking that configuration.   Thank you for the reply. 

I am stuck going around with this error message, can you please explain where the lock setting is that you mentioned? 

Anyone else with this issue - it was account settings, in meeting (advanced) where you allow f/b, yt, twitch & custom streaming (which I had done) that there is a lock image (which I hadn't locked). After I locked that it worked! After trying everything else and countless refreshing - locking the setting is what worked. NB I can't stream from the app menu and going live in meeting (as I've seen in other videos), only from selecting the 3 dots and then custom streaming. Hope this helps someone!

Also if you are getting the grey wheel of death when trying to install the live streaming app, download the desktop version and try again 🙂 I made all the mistakes to finally get it working in 2 different groups 🙂 

I don't think it's unusual. I've done several searches, trying to figure this error message out and I''ve seen lots of the exact same complaints/questions

Nbuchanan
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

I have attempted to do all of these steps however my issue persists. All my boxes regarding streaming are checked, I do not see any sort of lock symbol anywhere in the vicinity,  I've used the stream key (persistant) and I've set up custom Rtmp to a personal group to test this with. But I still have OP's problem. Specifically this error:

"Error: Failed to connect to Zoom services

Please refresh the app and try again. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these channels again may solve the error. If the error persists, contact Zoom support."

Mariannanyc
Listener

Log into zoom on your computer. Under admin on the left, go to account management, then account settings. To the right under general, click in meeting, advanced. Scroll down to allow live streaming of meetings. Check off the boxes you wish to stream to and then click the lock to the right. See the image below. Once I did that everything opened up for me.