cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelists and Attendees Conundrum

mdh
Listener

I'll be running a 50-session webinar event with one or two different panelists for every session. Do the panelists need to register separately if they want to watch other sessions as an attendee? I see that I can change a panelist to an attendee, but since the webinar will be recorded for other viewers/listeners on other sites, I don't want to be messing with that at the start of the session (and I don't want to have to edit that out later). Also, I'm worried I would forget to change the attendee back to a panelist if their session runs later in the series. On the other hand, I'd hate to use some of my 500 attendee number for panelists if I don't have to. Thoughts? Thanks so much.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mdh,

"It depends" is the usual answer.  Which of the following best describes your scenario:

• You are scheduling 50 separate webinars
  • You are using 1 recurring webinar
  • You have multiple webinar sessions within a Zoom Events Conference

In the first case, everyone has to be registered for the seminars they want to attend.  Panelists added to one or more webinars would need to register for the other webinars.

In the second case, I've seen some issues with folks registered as Panelists for one occurrence of a webinar also being able to get into the other webinars as Panelists. Not a desirable situation.  I think you'd want to review the Registration and Panelist lists each time... but it wouldn't hurt for Panelists to self-register for the other occurrences.

In the case of a Zoom Conference (in the Zoom Events product), a Speaker is able to join any other session that they are not scheduled to speak at.  See this Zoom Support article for the technical details of "who can do what" in a Zoom Event:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4406880987917-Zoom-Events-Roles-tickets-and-permissions 

If that doesn't answer your question, please provide some additional details, and I'll give it another go!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !