cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overide assignments to breakout rooms

ruahswennerfelt
Listener

I'm responsible for setting up breakout rooms for a webinar. We want particular people to be in each room. Do I first set up the breakout rooms and then assign the selected people to those rooms? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ruahswennerfelt.

You probably are already aware that managing Breakout Rooms in webinars is a bit different than Breakout Rooms in a meeting. I recommend a thorough reading of this Zoom Support article to understand how to manage Breakout Rooms in Webinars:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0057838 

I highly recommend running one or more test Webinars to get familiar with how it works, before taking it into a live production. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

For meetings, if you click the "Assign Automatically" option and request 4 rooms, then click Create, you'll see the list of 4 rooms - Room 1, Room 2, Room 3, Room 4 - and pre-assigned participants for each room.  Hover over a Room bar (slightly grey) and see the Rename option, and rename rooms as needed. 

Then hover over names of attendees under each room and see the Move to and Exchange options.  Move to will provide you with just a list of the "other rooms" (not including the one the attendee is currently in) and you can pick which one to move the attendee to.  If you want this attendee to swap rooms with someone else, click Exchange and see a list of other rooms and their occupants; select one, and Zoom will swap them into their respective new room assignments.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ruahswennerfelt.

You probably are already aware that managing Breakout Rooms in webinars is a bit different than Breakout Rooms in a meeting. I recommend a thorough reading of this Zoom Support article to understand how to manage Breakout Rooms in Webinars:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0057838 

I highly recommend running one or more test Webinars to get familiar with how it works, before taking it into a live production. 

Thanks for that. I'll check if it's a meeting or webinar. If it's a meeting and I'm co-host, can create the breakout rooms with random assignments and then go in and reassign leaders?

Ray_Harwood

For meetings, if you click the "Assign Automatically" option and request 4 rooms, then click Create, you'll see the list of 4 rooms - Room 1, Room 2, Room 3, Room 4 - and pre-assigned participants for each room.  Hover over a Room bar (slightly grey) and see the Rename option, and rename rooms as needed. 

Then hover over names of attendees under each room and see the Move to and Exchange options.  Move to will provide you with just a list of the "other rooms" (not including the one the attendee is currently in) and you can pick which one to move the attendee to.  If you want this attendee to swap rooms with someone else, click Exchange and see a list of other rooms and their occupants; select one, and Zoom will swap them into their respective new room assignments.

ruahswennerfelt
Listener

Thank you, very helpful.