cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free and paid access for same event?

chimera
Listener

We are hosting an event for the general public that is paid.  However, there is one group of people who we want to provide free access to the event and the recordings of it for the next year as a part of a package they have been sold.  Is there a way for us to create a code that only they use which gives them free access? Or a link we can create which would allow them to attend live, as well as to see the recordings later? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @chimera.

There are several ways to do this in a Zoom Event.  If you want everyone who registered for the external package to have access, you can import their email addresses into a specific ticket type.  Create a "Package Deal" ticket, click the Specified Email Addresses box, and import the Email addresses:

Ray_Harwood_0-1714091639922.png

Another way is to create a special ticket type and send the ticket-specific link to them via Email.  Note that they are able to forward this link to others, so I'd only do this with "trusted purchasers".  Here's how to create the "Event Access" (with a custom link):

Ray_Harwood_1-1714091972884.png

This is where you start, and also where you grab the link to send to eligible people.

Ray_Harwood_2-1714092143459.png

Reach out to me if you'd like some other ideas... but those two are my top recommendations.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @chimera.

There are several ways to do this in a Zoom Event.  If you want everyone who registered for the external package to have access, you can import their email addresses into a specific ticket type.  Create a "Package Deal" ticket, click the Specified Email Addresses box, and import the Email addresses:

Ray_Harwood_0-1714091639922.png

Another way is to create a special ticket type and send the ticket-specific link to them via Email.  Note that they are able to forward this link to others, so I'd only do this with "trusted purchasers".  Here's how to create the "Event Access" (with a custom link):

Ray_Harwood_1-1714091972884.png

This is where you start, and also where you grab the link to send to eligible people.

Ray_Harwood_2-1714092143459.png

Reach out to me if you'd like some other ideas... but those two are my top recommendations.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

chimera
Listener

Thank you for your help!