cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fictious Persons Registering for Meeting

AWMHAAC
Listener

We hold a meeting 5x per year.  Meeting invites are sent to our mailing list via Mailchimp.  We also produce flyers to encourage those not on our mailing list to attend.  We also post the flyer on Facebook and Instagram.  Over the last 5 years of hosting these events, we have never had more than 100 people register.  For our February event we have over 350 "people" register.  Our audience is typically those that reside in the SF Bay Area.  I suspect that many of these "people" are not real because 117 of them registered BEFORE we advertised the meeting and many of them are from outside California - plus a few from outside the United States. 

I think that there is a glitch in Zoom's system but cannot speak with a live support person.  I have gone back and forth with service tickets - but that process has not been helpful.  I also noticed that previous meetings of this type are no longer available in the past meetings view (other past meetings do show up).  Finally, I am unable to obtain a report of the registrations.  My request returns a "no data" when clearly with over 350 people registered there should be data to report.

The event is Sat Feb 17th any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AWMHAAC i see you have a ticket that was opened with our Zoom Support agent, the agent mentioned that you had "Automatically Approve" registrations, where registrants were being automatically approved, is this correct? You have the option to "Manually Approved" or remove "Show social share buttons on registration page", does this solution sound relevant? 

If you have a ticket with Zoom Support already opened, I advise continuing the conversation with the Zoom Support agent look into any details about the meeting that can't be shared on public forum. 

I will go ahead and mark my reply as the solution; otherwise, please feel free to mark my reply as "not the solution", if this wasn't helpful and let me know from what was suggested that didn't help resolve your issue! Let me know how else I can help. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AWMHAAC i see you have a ticket that was opened with our Zoom Support agent, the agent mentioned that you had "Automatically Approve" registrations, where registrants were being automatically approved, is this correct? You have the option to "Manually Approved" or remove "Show social share buttons on registration page", does this solution sound relevant? 

If you have a ticket with Zoom Support already opened, I advise continuing the conversation with the Zoom Support agent look into any details about the meeting that can't be shared on public forum. 

I will go ahead and mark my reply as the solution; otherwise, please feel free to mark my reply as "not the solution", if this wasn't helpful and let me know from what was suggested that didn't help resolve your issue! Let me know how else I can help. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!