cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Events] Session Hosts Automatically Added?

Froyd
Listener

Hello

I have many webinar sessions set up for a Zoom event. My question is about hosts and who starts the webinar. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of the Speaker section for a webinar. 

• Do I need to assign one of them as an alternative host?
  • If I don't, who can start the webinar besides me?  

Cheers

EDIT: I am the admin that is created and is producing the webinar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi again, @Froyd.

There has to be someone who can start the session-be it Webinar or Meeting. Only the Event Host (typically the owner of the Zoom Events license) or an assigned Alt Host (either by checking the Alt Host box for a session speaker, or by adding someone as Alt Host in the section below the speakers).

Ray_Harwood_0-1705558570813.png

My recommendation is to NOT enable Alt Host for anyone that does not have experience running a Meeting or Webinar. There are things an inexperienced Panelist can do in a Webinar that "messes up the normal Webinar flow".  I'll leave it at that.

Sometimes you have no choice: you as the Host can't be there, and only one person -- the speaker -- will be available.  Spend some time explaining the process to them -- it can be done, but takes some work.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi again, @Froyd.

There has to be someone who can start the session-be it Webinar or Meeting. Only the Event Host (typically the owner of the Zoom Events license) or an assigned Alt Host (either by checking the Alt Host box for a session speaker, or by adding someone as Alt Host in the section below the speakers).

Ray_Harwood_0-1705558570813.png

My recommendation is to NOT enable Alt Host for anyone that does not have experience running a Meeting or Webinar. There are things an inexperienced Panelist can do in a Webinar that "messes up the normal Webinar flow".  I'll leave it at that.

Sometimes you have no choice: you as the Host can't be there, and only one person -- the speaker -- will be available.  Spend some time explaining the process to them -- it can be done, but takes some work.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

That's what I figured! Thanks again, @Ray_Harwood!