cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording Weirdness

WebinarChick
Listener

Last week, I had a webinar for a client.  When I went to download the cloud recordings, they were not .mp4 files - they were PDFs.  I downloaded them and then had to open them with the Windows Media Player per support. zoom issue 2.PNGzoom PDF issue.PNG

There were still issues with the recording so I had to get creative in editing them.  Has anyone else had any weirdness like this happen? How did you resolve it?

Sharyn 

aka Webinar Chick

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello @WebinarChick and wow! So strange.. So when accessing recording management and you Click More. and Select download, the files are .pdf's? It's possible you may have tried to open them and selected .PDF reader so that's the default program it's using.  Try to use a program that will open .MP4's and you shouldn't have any problems. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi, RN - nope, this was a one-off weird event.  I downloaded another webinar event recording that I produced the same day and it was fine - all.mp4  files.  I did open them using Windows Media Player and it worked.   They downloaded as PDFs not .mp4s - they didn't open as PDFs even though they downloaded as PDFs - they were looking for a .mp4 player. I have done over 2,000 webinars and this was one of the strangest issues I have ever had to deal with.  It seemed like there was an anomaly on the Zoom platform side.  I had the work-around but it impacted the quality of the video and made for extra work in editing the videos.  Thank heavens, I record all the views I can - it saved this event for my client. 

Sharyn  

Hey @WebinarChick, super strange! As I haven't yet experienced this. I would recommend sharing your experiences with our Zoom technical support. They can help you dig a bit deeper into what possibly happened, if you haven't already! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Already did - they could not replicate it.  And it hasn't happened since. 

Sharyn

This happened to me and I noticed I cannot download the files directly from the download button as I get an AccessDeniedAccessDenied error and I am not sure where this is coming from as I was able to get all the links last year and now I cannot even download them...

any help on this?