cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding registration question information to Attendees Email

mt104
Listener

Does anyone know if there is a way to pass information from the attendee's registration questions into the email they get after the session and/or the email they get confirming registration? I want to include the employee ID that I collect at registration in the email so they can be aware and check for errors.

For context:

We require employees get a certain amount of continuing education during a year. The employee ID entered at registration is how we load credit into our learning management system. It should be relatively painless but we regularly have people who have typos and then panic when it comes time count continuing education credits at the end of the year.

3 REPLIES 3

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi mt104

1.- First you download the file of the people registered in the "reports" section.
2.- You save this .CSV file in a cloud storage that you have such as Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive.
3.- Share a link so they can enter to see this file.
4.- You add this link in the footer of the follow-up email that is sent to the attendees.

Remember that you have two types of follow-up mail:
1.- Those who register and if they enter the event.
2.- Those who register and do not enter the event.

Wences

Frank_TB

HI,

I think this approach would only work if there are no privacy concerns. Otherwise, it seems like everyone would get to see everyone else's progress in the csv file. 

I guess mt104 will need to clarify.

Regards

mt104
Listener

I was hoping to have something automated and directly sent to them with only their information. The best solution would be a way for them to re-access or view what they've entered before the session or embed the info along with their confirmation. 

Privacy isn't necessarily a concern. But I'm not too interested in posting the file. It would open up additional lines of contention and the maintenance required for the volume of events we have. I also anticipate it won't be used even if available based previous community behaviour with similar tools and data.