cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play digits back to customer

ZCC_Newbie
Listener

Hi,

in Zoom contact center flow editor, how do you play digits back? For instance, you use the collectInput widget to collect digits from customer,  store digits in a variable, then you want to play the digits back to customer. 

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello ZCC_Newbie.

As far as I understand, you can reference "variables" in your "Text-to-Speech prompts" by putting them between double-curly-brackets , so if you requested  menu option and stored it into "keyinput"   ""{{keyInput}}", you should be able to play back the selection by using the "SendMedia" Widget and putting something like:

"You have selected the option {{keyInput}}". 

Even more, you can use SSML Tagging inside your TTS to add richness and provide a more precise TTS output.

I believe ZCC TTS supports most (if not all) the SSML Tags that AWS Polly support; Why am I mentioned this? Especially with numbers, when you need to read them back to a caller using TTS, you will have to choose how to interpret the number: i.e  123  might need to spell it as "one two three ", or read as cardinal "one hundred and twenty three" or as an ordinal "one hundred and twenty third".

Take a look to the SSML tag "interpret-as" in this AWS Document that explains how to use it.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/polly/latest/dg/supportedtags.html
I don't know if 100% of the AWS Tags are supported by ZCC TTS but I can tell you it is fun to test them.