cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Customer Service--Horrible

mps509
Listener

What a horrible customer service experience! I spent 32 minutes on the phone WAITING to speak to a person and when I told her in a polite voice what a horrendous CS experience it was, she hung up on me. Really!? For a company that markets themselves as essentially a communication entity, Zoom is a joke. 

5 REPLIES 5

Justitia
Listener

I had similar experience. Something happened to the Breakout rooms feature, which is critical to my organization's use of the Zoom Room.

I submitted tickets describing  requesting support. As soon as I submittted it, it was marked closed without any response.

then I got emails that my ticket could "not be addressed at this time" and to go online  to read the online resources or to post in the community.

As I indicated in every request I submitted, I had read *every single* resource online and posted in the community as well. There was absolutely *nothing* in the online resources that addressed the breakout room issue and no response in the community.

I finally figured out a work-around  that solved the break-out room issue - not any of which was mentioned in the online resources.

Given the huge demand for a feature like Zoom -- there is no doubt there will be competitors offering better products and support soon. 

I can't wait to switch!

It's extremely disappointing that Zoom has chosen to go this "non-support" route even for paying customers.

YT4
Listener

You got to speak to a person? How did you do that?  Maybe you can help me. I have two events coming up in August and October. I paid $149.00 for Zoom and was under the impression that I could have 60 minute events but Zoom is saying that I am limited to 40 minutes even if I paid to use it. Do you know if this is true? It is hard to get a person to talk to.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @YT4.  Hopefully I can help your specific situation here. 

You probably need to assign your newly purchased license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License

Follow these steps taken from the article:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal at https://zoom.us.
    2. Click User Management, then Users.
    3. Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license. There will likely only be your single account – click your account
    4. Click Edit at the end of the user row. This will open a window.
    5. Choose the User Type to assign, selecting Licensed.
    6. After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license. There should be an indication that you have 1 available user license if you have indeed purchased one or more new licenses. Click the available license.
    7. (Optional) Assign add-ons can be included by checking the boxes for the add-on. You will not likely have any add-ons, so you might skip this step.
    8. Click Save.

The license is now applied to your user account and you can use it immediately.

If this does not fix your issue, please submit a support ticket to our Billing team here and they will be able to assist you.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

You should have unlimited meetings if you have a paid account - somewhere your account has not updated because the 40 minute limit only applies to free accounts.

NSZ
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

This has been my experience as weel. I had an online chat person disconnect me when I redirected him to please reread my question as he kept asking me things I already explained in my question. He seemed to have problems with reading and processing simple information. I reported him to Zoom but no one ever got back to me and the issue is unresolved.