cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload images to whiteboards on the roadmap?

StevenM
Listener

HI

Can anyone tell me if enhancing the meeting whiteboard to enable the uploading of images in to the board is on the roadmap?

Cheerds

Steven

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I cannot say if that is on the roadmap or not, but you can always just share a view of the image and allow everyone to annotate on that instead. You will have essentially the same annotation tools as using the Whiteboard feature. 

If you want to annotate on multiple images, add them to a slideshow and share your view of that. 

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @StevenM 

What @Bort suggested is what I do. I just view the image I want to use full-screen, then annotate on top.

You can do this with a simple image-viewer, or even with a web browser in full screen mode.

For multiple images you can indeed put together a slideshow like @Bort also suggested. You can do this with something like PowerPoint or Keynote - and then, actually, if it's just you annotating, you can use the built-in annotating in PowerPoint or Keynote.

It's not the same annotating an  image or even using other programs to do the job . As I often record videos through meetings and often need to pause and restart, this actually isn't possible through shortcut keys ( but it IS on a whiteboard) making it more difficult to then edit the video.

This feature would be really appreciated and it's a surprise it doesn't at least come with an upgrade....

Thank you for posting this. However, this doesn't really work for teaching, where I need to show the student an image, then a question, and then they write their answer to the question - ie replicating an exam. 

The lack of image import ultimately makes the whiteboard unusable for teaching in this particular way.