cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System thinks I have reached 3 whiteboard limit but I only have 2 whiteboards

HarperDelSol
Listener

I started working with whiteboards today. I created two whiteboards and would like to create a third, however the system says I already have reached my 3-whiteboard limit. I only see two whiteboards on the "All Whiteboards" list, and I checked the trash but there's nothing there.  I would attach a screenshot here, but apparently I don't have permission to upload images. Any suggestions for how I can resolve this issue?

10 REPLIES 10

Palmer
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @HarperDelSol ! Thank you for bringing this up. Our team is looking into the issue now!

This was a month ago Palmer! Any reply. I have a similar issue. I am paying for Zoom whiteboards. I have Pro account. My 3rd whiteboard is locked! I'm being asked to upgrade to get access to it. I'm already paying for whiteboards. What am I paying for? If this is broken I want a refund for my past year's subscription for something I can't use.

Palmer

Hi @SJMvideo , sorry for the late reply. Team is currently looking to the issue, might have something to do with the number of whiteboards created vs active. If you are paying for a whiteboard add-on or whiteboard plus addon then you should have access to unlimited whiteboards which is an issue we can look into immediately. Can you verify your license under your profile page? 

Palmer_0-1710779893081.png

Thanks for prompt response Palmer. I only have 3 editable boards. My understanding is that 3 boards are included with the Pro account. But then I also had a separate annual whiteboard subscription? That also limited me to 3 editable whiteboards. What am I paying for then?

I took a screenshot, but I can't share it.

My account number is 272339 if that helps with anything.

I had created more than 3 boards sometime in the past while playing around so I could understand the feature before trying it live. 3 were editable and the rest were marked as view-only. I deleted down to 3 and the view-only remains. [assumed that it would become available again]
I've now been able to crate a 4th board even though I was told I had to upgrade before I could do that. Perhaps because one is still view-only?
I've searched your documentation to try to understand what I  get at the different payment levels. But I can't find something clear. Is there a link you can share that explains the whiteboard plans/subscriptions?

Palmer

Hi @SJMvideo - you can check out this pricing page for more information on Zoom Add-ons. https://zoom.us/pricing/whiteboard. Zoom Pro comes with whiteboard basic which includes 3 editable boards. We don't limit how many boards you create, but only your last three boards are editable. Deleting one should revert a previously view only board to editable again. 

Palmer_0-1710781642271.png

I'll follow up internally based on your account number to see what's going on here.

Palmer, I went back and looked at plans and pricing. As I understand it

• I get 3 free editable whiteboards with my pro plan. [still can't find any clear information about what happens after 3]
  • A paid Whiteboard plan of $25/year gets unlimited whiteboards. I have been on that plan for about a year. I just cancelled it because I'm not currently using it for more than 3.
  • So I paid for unlimited whiteboards, but my account has been restricted to 3.
    • Billing has paid for Whiteboards
    • Account license does not show that I have that subscription

I'm not a Zoom power user. I'm not sure why I even subscribed to whiteboards. Maybe free trial expired and rolled over into my last billing cycle.

So there are 2 issues here:

1. I have been paying for a service I never got.
  2. Either the basic 3 whiteboard service included with Zoom Pro is not correctly allocating white boards, or I don't understand how whiteboards work when exceeding the limit of 3.

Palmer

Gotcha. If you cancelled your subscription then that would explain why you can no longer concurrently edit more than 3 boards you created. If you were not able to edit more than than 3 boards you created while having that license, then that's a problem we need to look into. 

When you create a whiteboard do you see the following pop ups? 

Palmer_0-1710782635805.png

Palmer_1-1710782642537.png

To be clear.

• I currently have an active subscription to whiteboards. I have for the past year. I should still have an active subscription until the current subscription expires on May 14
  • What I don't know is if I ever had more than 3 active boards available to me. I'm just noticing this now since I haven't been seriously using whiteboards until last week.
  • Even with only 3 boards total, one is still marked View-Only and I can't edit it. It's a test board so it doesn't matter except for trouble shooting this issue
  • I can't share a screen shot because I am not allowed to upload images to the forum
  • Yes, I see one of those pop ups when I go to create a new white board.

Counsellor
Listener

I also have the same issue - my dashboard says I have reached the 3 whiteboard limit. How do I remedy? Thank you. 

Counsellor_0-1710252163012.png

Palmer

Thank you for sending an image @Counsellor ! We are still looking into the issue and will reply with an update shortly!