cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with whiteboard after latest update.

Guigui
Listener

After latest update, when I share a whiteboard and stop sharing to show something else whatever was written is gone. Is there a way to change that? Or is just how it is ment to be? 

Thnx

1 REPLY 1

jnbspace
Listener

The text is still there. The problem is that when you share the whiteboard again it is treated as a new whiteboard and so is completely blank.

The old whiteboard is still there but to get to it you have to
 - share a new whiteboard
 - From the bottom of the whiteboard screen select whiteboards / existing
 - Now you have to find the whiteboard you were previously using. This is where the fun starts because every time you do this zoom creates new new whiteboard with the same name and the interface seems to shuffle the order in which it displays the boards ... so good luck!

The best way I have found to do this is to mark the whiteboard as "starred" when you start a meeting and then you can find that. You do have to remember to unstar it at the end or it will be back to the same mess in the next meeting. You will also find that if you use the "all eyes on me" feature that is unchecked every single time you change the share.

The new whiteboard has some nice features but overall it isn't a patch on the classic one and much as I have tried multiple times I seem to be unable to get back to the classic board.

What is needed to make this usable is;
  - in the share feature a button to "share previous whiteboard"
  - make the all eyes on me sticky
  - make the add slide button to the whiteboard a lot easier. I should not have to open the list of pages, scroll to the bottom and then add slide every time I want just one new page.

- make the classic whiteboard the default in all circumstances until the new whiteboards can be regarded as out of beta.

or use something other than zoom until they fix it.