cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The word "Draft" does not disappear in the chat member list. [ドラフト]

TakayukiMano
Attendee

I've looked for the place you're editing, but can't find it.

I couldn't make it disappear.😫

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @asherriffs @TakayukiMano @sheycute2023 @marareginaaa @gcsua & everyone else on this thread! I know its been a bit since this discussion and the replies have been made; but wanted to point out the 'drafts' you can manage, where it shows all past/recent drafts. You have options ( ... ) to delete, schedule to send the message, edit, etc. 

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.19.21 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

Updated - Drafts folder appeared and I was able to clear all drafts and the [Drafts] alert is gone! Problem solved, thanks very much

bpreid_dc
Listener

October 2, 2023 version 5.16.2 (23409) release has a Drafts tab in the Team Chat panel that allows locating and deleting Drafts.  This solved the issue for me. 🙂

65 REPLIES 65

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

Just about 2 weeks out!  🤞

ab995
Listener

Someone within this thread recommended to clear chat history and remove the Draft message. I cleared an entire history and STILL HAVE [Draft] next to their name. Has to be a way to remove this by now

castner6767
Listener

I too will be watching this thread closely for updates… I have the same issue on the phone app specifically 

asherriffs
Listener

I've had this problem since last year. I have signed out and back in to all apps, uninstalled the app from all devices, cleared chat history, left and rejoined the channel where [Draft] is showing - still cannot get rid, and since recent update it's bright red! 

Can't believe it's taken over a year and a half for this to be acknowledged by Zoom, not much faith that the patch will be released any time soon, but I do hope so. 

bgugger
Listener

I am experiencing this also. Is there any word on a fix?!

gcsua
Listener

What I tried that worked earlier that may work for someone was go to the room with the "Draft", sign out of Zoom, then sign back in. Zoom automatically selected that room with the message I didn't send on the chatbox, then I was able to delete it.

sheycute2023
Listener

same issue done clear chat , log in log out , updated to the latest one and still showing DRAFT beside !! omg , it's already September 

sheycute2023_1-1694745637713.png

sheycute2023_0-1694745597570.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @asherriffs @TakayukiMano @sheycute2023 @marareginaaa @gcsua & everyone else on this thread! I know its been a bit since this discussion and the replies have been made; but wanted to point out the 'drafts' you can manage, where it shows all past/recent drafts. You have options ( ... ) to delete, schedule to send the message, edit, etc. 

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.19.21 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I'm on Windows and I don't have that separate line for Drafts.

marareginaaa_0-1694788492674.png

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @marareginaaa @asherriffs, thank you for your replies! As seen within the screen-shot, and forgot to mention 🤦 (my apologies), however, this feature is in BETA.

Looks like Drafts and Scheduled messages is targeted for release 5.16.0; I do not have any ETA to share when this will be released.

Sorry for any confusion, and i will keep you ALL in the loop with this feature coming to Team Chat.

You can also reference this discussionDraft message within Channels 

More info on Participating in Zoom beta programs

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thank you for replying at least! Please keep me updated because my current options are quit my job so I don't have to see the [Draft] or join the BETA program😂

Hamilton-Zoomie

Hold back on quitting 1 more week ab995!

Holding you to that 1 week! 

HHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey there! I cannot seem to add this drafts feature to my left hand side bar, my software is up to date. Any idea why not? Would really like to get rid of these "draft" messages ASAP. Thanks

Hamilton-Zoomie

Feel free to try and update your Zoom client today to 5.16.0 to get access to Drafts tab in the top left hand rail, that will then have a toggle for you to access newly released Scheduled messages.

Release Notes here for all features in this major release
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/19474908677389-Release-notes-for-September-18-2023

Updated - Drafts folder appeared and I was able to clear all drafts and the [Drafts] alert is gone! Problem solved, thanks very much

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@asherriffs glad to hear that you're able to see this now! 

Just to let everyone know, Zoom Client version 5.16 has been released; please update to see the 'drafts' feature.‌

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks! Guess I'll have to stay at my job... 😂

Thanks for letting us know! I updated my Zoom to the 5.16 version but it seems like our IT security is blocking it because it says Zoom is unable to connect. So our IT reinstalled my Zoom and it's now back to 5.15. Good news is, the [Drafts] message is gone! Lol.

will this update include the mobile phone app as well? i'm experiencing the same phantom drafts issue on my iphone

Hamilton-Zoomie

Zoom is able to time the exact release of the desktop application upgrades.  
The solution for mobile is 5.16.0 also, but it usually has a slight delay on timing due to Google Play and Apple app store review policies, but that should be here very soon too!  I'll post a message here when I notice my Android update to 5.16.0

LISAL
Listener

I’m glad to see the users voice heard by the company! I was able to resolve all my annoying hanging around drafts!!

MayaCyg
Listener

All sorted, really pleased!!

bpreid_dc
Listener

October 2, 2023 version 5.16.2 (23409) release has a Drafts tab in the Team Chat panel that allows locating and deleting Drafts.  This solved the issue for me. 🙂