cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled message

Mariya_Zheleva
Listener

It will be great to have the option to send "schedule message" when the participant is "available".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CandaceLebel gotcha, the functionality is there, but I agree that the user experience could be improved. Regarding your point, Zoom can notify you when you are available; however, why is this not an option when sending a message when a contact has a free time slot on their calendar or is available presence status? Let me forward this information internally! Thank you for your feedback. We always want a smooth and frictionless user experience.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CandaceLebel
Listener

Yes!  Rather annoying to type a message and then set a notification for when the person is next available.  Just so I can go back to send the message later when I'm notified.  This goes against the entire "schedule message" functionality.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Mariya_Zheleva @CandaceLebel could you elaborate on this feature? Maybe I have a solution for you, but I'd like to learn more about this use-case so that I can determine what Zoom has today to best meet your needs for this functionality. I also encourage Sending feedback to Zoom, as we are constantly striving to improve.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

@RN Let's say I want to send a Zoom chat to my boss.  I see she's in a meeting.  I don't want to bother her, or I know she doesn't like being bothered.  So I draft my message and then what?  I have a few choices.  1) I can look at her calendar in Outlook to see when she is done with her meeting and then set Zoom to deliver my message when she appears to be free; hoping she doesn't go offline.  2) Or I can set Zoom to deliver my message at some time in the future when I hope she's free and not in another meeting; and not offline.  3) Or I get set Zoom to notify me when she's next free and then send my draft message then.

The Schedule Message feature in Zoom needs to allow for option #3 to occur automatically.  I want to schedule my message's delivery for when the recipient is next available.

Hey @CandaceLebel love this idea, esp. embedded within the chat "schedule message" modal when sending a team chat reply

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 4.28.52 PM.png

However, I believe to my knowledge within the client you do have the option to 'notify me when available' if the contact within team chat presence status status is busy, out-of-office, or in calendar event but that doesn't solve to automatically send that message. 

This screenshot is a POV of an external contact, options may differ. Hope this helps! 

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 4.03.14 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

As I indicated at the end of my last message, if Zoom chat knows when the message recipient is next available, why can't the message be scheduled for delivery automatically at that time.

Creating a message, then marking "notify when available" so I can go back and send the message then is a clunky user experience.  Especially when there may be multiple people one wants to send messages to.

I get the impression that you don't understand what I am saying.

@CandaceLebel gotcha, the functionality is there, but I agree that the user experience could be improved. Regarding your point, Zoom can notify you when you are available; however, why is this not an option when sending a message when a contact has a free time slot on their calendar or is available presence status? Let me forward this information internally! Thank you for your feedback. We always want a smooth and frictionless user experience.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his