cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipients in different time zones

richmgeller
Listener

I'm in EDT and my recipients are in EDT, CDT, and Arizona, which is Mountain time and has no daylight savings time. How do I indicate the correct time for each generated email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @richmgeller.

I'm in Arizona, and frequently schedule meetings and webinars for people around North America and all over the world.  For "North America-mostly" meetings, I always include something like this in the meeting/webinar description, which is visible on the registration page and all reminder notices:

Ray_Harwood_0-1714097379695.png

You just have to remember to move "Arizona" up to the MST line when DST is over... as well as change all the DT's to ST's.

Zoom will occasionally attempt to send messages to registrants with a time zone derived from their profile (if there's a user email match - and this only happens in certain circumstances... for which I am not the  designated documenter!).  I find that for people who travel a lot, and people who share the information with coworkers in other time zones, that having the full listing like I provide above never generates confusion... though people will still get confused. 😎

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @richmgeller.

I'm in Arizona, and frequently schedule meetings and webinars for people around North America and all over the world.  For "North America-mostly" meetings, I always include something like this in the meeting/webinar description, which is visible on the registration page and all reminder notices:

Ray_Harwood_0-1714097379695.png

You just have to remember to move "Arizona" up to the MST line when DST is over... as well as change all the DT's to ST's.

Zoom will occasionally attempt to send messages to registrants with a time zone derived from their profile (if there's a user email match - and this only happens in certain circumstances... for which I am not the  designated documenter!).  I find that for people who travel a lot, and people who share the information with coworkers in other time zones, that having the full listing like I provide above never generates confusion... though people will still get confused. 😎

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @richmgeller! @Ray_Harwood has provided a helpful reply, so I've marked it as an accepted solution. Thank you! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?