cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Rooms U-Tap Glitch on update to 5.16

bryces
Listener

We have an AJA U-Tap USB device for video on a Mac Mini (Intel).

After updating to Zoom Rooms 5.16, the video input from the U-Tap is constantly glitchy when starting a meeting.
The U-Tap input looks fine in other applications.
After downgrading the Zoom Room to 5.15.7 the U-Tap works as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
19 REPLIES 19

JMCDON
Listener

I have had the exact same issue with a U-Tap feeding a zoom webinar on 5.16, was consistent across both an m1 macbook pro and an intel model from 2015. I've kludged a solution by routing the u-tap video input through OBS and then using OBS' virtual camera as the video input to zoom, but I would greatly prefer to have normal functionality back in zoom so I don't have to run an extra layer of production software.

FinalCut
Listener

Just want to chime in and say we're seeing the same thing on our systems: All M1/M2 Mac Minis using AJA U-Taps.

Also, 5.16.5 (released recently) doesn't seem to address the issue.

mattgorney
Listener

Hello, I am seeing the same thing. Here is an example of what our Utap looks like when using a Mac. PC works fine but Mac no longer seems to resolve the video.

https://vod.video.cornell.edu/media/UTAP%20Video%20Glitch%20on%20Mac%20OS/1_ch00or8x

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee

can you try the solution: 

1. delete the original .plist config file

2. open Terminal window, run the command: defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/us.zoom.nydus.plist "camera control" -dict 709convert enable

Hi, I'm not able to find this plist file on my mac. Is this solution for Zoom Rooms only and not a regular Macbook running Zoom?

larsthemoi
Listener

Where do you find the 5.15.7 installer for Mac/OS X?

Jennife

can you try the solution: 

2. open Terminal window, run the command: defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/us.zoom.nydus.plist "camera control" -dict 709convert enable

I had to rename the .plist  file as I could not delete it. I ran the terminal command and it did create nydus.plist but the issue remains. Unchecking HD and Original Aspect helps but then the picture is cropped. I will try again later.

I does appear to work now, but only after toggling the the selected Camera and Original ratio and HD

Jennife

Hi Bryces,

can you give a screenshot of what the glitchy video looks like? 

And then, please try this solution:

@Jennife My issues looks the same as the capture provided by mattgorney above. That solution did fix it! The video looks clean after doing those 2 steps.

@Jennife After attempting on more computers, it seems like this solution doesn't work on all machines. Some machines it work at all, and some work if you change "enable" to "disable" on the Terminal command. So I think this is not quite yet solved. The only surefire solution is downgrading to 5.15.7

Jennife

hi Bryces

Would you please provide some machine models that the solution doesn't take effect on? we need to verify locally. 

Thank you very much!

It was not working on an Apple M1 Mac Mini and an Apple 6-Core Intel i7 MacMini

Will this solution be integrated into future releases of Zoom for MacOS, or will this change need to be applied each time the application is installed/upgraded?

Thanks

Jennife

Hi, 

The config is actually always integrated into the Zoom client, but somehow many users' machines fail to read the config(we are still researching this), so we provide this command to help the machine read the config. And you don't have to run the command every time the client is updated or reinstalled

Hi @Jennife, I am having this issue as well.  What's the name of the config file that I should delete?  I see a few .plist files for Zoom under ~/Library/Preferences/.  

thanks!

Ben

Jennife

Hi,

Sorry I didn't mention the detailed file, it should be us.zoom.nydus.plist.

bryces
Listener