cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Updates

user12
Listener

Hi All,

Every once in a while an update will push out for Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Rooms won't let us start or join any meetings. Pretty much, if an update pushes out, Zoom Rooms won't work until we update it.

The issue is that we won't know when an update gets pushed out and a very important meeting will be scheduled. And we don't find out that the room needs to be updated until after the meeting was supposed to start. 

Is there a way to stop updates from locking up Zoom Room? O

7 REPLIES 7

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @user12 

According to the support article, account administrators can set the time for automatic updates in the device's admin menu.

Device management for Zoom admins – Zoom Support

Ohkawa_0-1690689213755.png

You may want to try this.

Please mark this post Accepted if it helped you !

Thank you for the reply but that did not solve my issue. I had set the Zoom Rooms to automatically update between the times of 12am-5am but our Zoom Room still got locked up because an update came out in the middle of the day. 

When I say "locked up", I mean that when there is an update available, Zoom Room's displays the message "some of your zoom rooms devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting". So then, I go to update Zoom Rooms and it works just fine again. 

The issue is that occasionally these updates will come out right before an important meeting and I can't constantly be monitoring the Zoom Room for an update. Is there a way to stop Zoom Rooms from NEEDING to update when there is an update available?

Ohkawa

@user12 

Does that problem occur every 3 months?

According to the support article it seems to occur when support expires.

Some of your zoom rooms devices need to be upgraded to join this meeting – Zoom Support

For more information on upgrades, see the following article.

Upgrading or downgrading Zoom Rooms – Zoom Support

@Ohkawa 

The issue occurs way more frequent. At least 1-2 times a week. We always keep it updated to the latest version, we even fully downloaded and reinstalled Zoom Rooms already. 

Ohkawa

@user12 

I have experienced problems with repeated downgrades and upgrades.
I don't know the cause, but it happened with the 32-bit version of the Zoom Rooms app, so I installed the 64-bit version and it went away.

Please mark this post Accepted if it helped you !

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Be sure to also check the Zoom Room controllers and schedulers versions.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

I'm constantly checking the versions throughout the week. They always have the latest versions downloaded.